GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Point of no Return"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/06/00 at 19:26
Regular
In my opinion our consoles like the Dreamcast etc..are getting to a point where we can no longer improve on the specifications (ieX-Box)Consoles this day and age are improving thier graphics drasticly and very soon they will get to a point where developers can not improve on the graphics only on the gameplay.Games like Shenmue are revolutionising the way we play and we will get emersed in the game.Developers will be on their feet due to the technology advances and will be pushed to a limit where there will not be games but unfortunately experiences.
Fri 16/06/00 at 22:28
Do we really want it to go a lot more advanced anyway?
In the old days, graphics were so poor that they did need improving, and this is still the case now, to a point. But how much further do we really want it to go? The games are very close to running as fast as I would particularly want them to, there's a little slowdown still to iron out, but it'll be all gone in a couple of years, and games will run as fast as reactions require. The graphics, it's nice that they look good, but who really wants a game to compare to real life? It is just a game, and it wont compete with real life. I don't think it should compete. And when graphics are nice ENOUGH, and all neccessary detail can be shown, that really should be enough.
Fri 16/06/00 at 21:14
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think that in about 20 years when your a dad, then our children will have virtuality, this would be so cool, batlling your mates in a virtual world, any way in the soon future we will be experiencing 100mghz of speed and new 10-12mb video chips, well hopefully in the consoles after the ps2, x-box and dolphin.
Fri 16/06/00 at 19:26
In my opinion our consoles like the Dreamcast etc..are getting to a point where we can no longer improve on the specifications (ieX-Box)Consoles this day and age are improving thier graphics drasticly and very soon they will get to a point where developers can not improve on the graphics only on the gameplay.Games like Shenmue are revolutionising the way we play and we will get emersed in the game.Developers will be on their feet due to the technology advances and will be pushed to a limit where there will not be games but unfortunately experiences.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.