GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".mail"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 13:07
Regular
What is the .mail folder in the User space for (where the htdocs and cgi-shi folders are also kept), and can we use it to our advantage????

Thanks...
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:13
You can access the files in .mail, and the numbered files store every undownloaded mail for each of the addresses you have created. The numbered files are the numbers assigned when you create, and your username for the mail box is the username.xxx where xxx is the number assigned.

It's good, cos you can read from these files to view your mail online. You can read by a CGI script or a PHP script.

Rikki
Mon 23/04/01 at 13:13
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Right.... thanks.

That deleting bit would be handy......

thanks again..
Mon 23/04/01 at 09:13
The .mail folder is used to store your E-Mail. You can get into this folder using some FTP programs although it is not very useful. If you do go into this folder please do not create files or change permissions as this will cause your E-Mail to stop working. The only thing you can do that is useful is to delete all the E-Mail in your account.
Sun 22/04/01 at 23:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I found it when testing a PHP Script copied from a PHP book. It doesn't appear in the FTP dirrectory or anything, just when I run the script, which lists whats in my User Account. I'll leave it like you sujest, just wondering if we can use it for anything really.
Sun 22/04/01 at 21:22
I don't think you are supposed to be able to see that! I wouldn't touch it if I were you because you'll problem muck up your accont. I think it is where your mail is stored but I'm not sure. I'll try and ask our Freeola Support team to take a look at this forum tommorrow. You might have to remind me though.
Sun 22/04/01 at 19:49
I wanna know what the .mail folder is as well cos I haven't got one with my web space! If you find out, can you let me know!

Cheers
Sun 22/04/01 at 13:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What is the .mail folder in the User space for (where the htdocs and cgi-shi folders are also kept), and can we use it to our advantage????

Thanks...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.