GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"there is a problem with your disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/02/05 at 17:59
Regular
"the ayatollah"
I keep getting an error on my x box saying there is a problem with my disc, it may be dirty or damaged. It does it on most of my games after a while of playing. Even brand new ones so it cant be the disc. I've tried a lens cleaner with no affect. What could it be? is there a website i can go to for help?
Sat 26/02/05 at 10:49
Regular
"Ruddie1"
Yep its the DVD drive i have a launch xbox happened to me about a year ago so i rang Microsoft and they picked up my xbox fixed and returned it in 5 days. For free
Fri 25/02/05 at 22:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah. £45 ish for a new Panasonic drive, then you just unscrew it all, pull out the old one, pop in the new.

I messed it up first time, as it wouldn't work, but a quick fiddle and I fixed it.

Being an utterly impractical fool, I was rather pleased.
Fri 25/02/05 at 22:52
"possibly impossible"
Cycloon wrote:
> No warranty, I had to do it myself.

Easy though, isn't it? (though perhaps not so easy on the wallet)
Fri 25/02/05 at 22:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No warranty, I had to do it myself.
Fri 25/02/05 at 22:49
"possibly impossible"
Fraid that's your DVD Drive going. You can get a new one on Ebay for around £30 if your warranty has already run out. If not, Microsoft will do it for free.

I got mine done by them just before the end of my warranty (phew!). Mind you, I've fitted a few since then and they're pretty easy to install, just a few screws, a power plug and ribbon cable.
Fri 25/02/05 at 21:49
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I get the same problem. I guess its just cos' old xboxy gets tired at times :)
Fri 25/02/05 at 17:59
Regular
"the ayatollah"
I keep getting an error on my x box saying there is a problem with my disc, it may be dirty or damaged. It does it on most of my games after a while of playing. Even brand new ones so it cant be the disc. I've tried a lens cleaner with no affect. What could it be? is there a website i can go to for help?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.