GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can u embed HTML pics into your post?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 22/04/01 at 09:38
Regular
Are you allowed to embed HTML pictures into your post?
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:25
I don't think so, you will need to have the pics on SR to do it proberly anyway! :) (i think... thats what i have to do, i have to have pics saved on my ISP before they can been shown to the world)
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:17
Regular
ssxpro wrote:
> been more difficult to get on the net. However, I`m back at Uni now,
> so the internet is free again, and can be used at any time. Its so
> much faster too!

SSXPRO, tell me about it! I'm suffering at home as well. Hardly been able to keep up to date on the happenings at all.

Back to uni on saturday though, back to exams and revision :-(

Back to cheap beer, no parents, proper food (ie pizza etc), sky, quick net access, decent spec pc, girlfriend, :-)

Well, the pluses definately out weigh the negatives, i cant wait!

Sun 22/04/01 at 14:53
if you must show the world your jpg /gif /png, get some free webspace, upload your picture to that and point to it from here. for example:

http:// lukesoft.2y.net/ me.jpg

is my ugly mug (hosted on my server, you can have a shell account if you ask nicely)

people would still need to copy and paste the url into the browser, which kinda sucks, but as they strip out all html tags this seems the best way to do it. for free webspace www.tripod.com isn't bad

also the forums don't like you to have words longer than 45 characters. strange.. remove the spaces from my url above to view it
Sun 22/04/01 at 14:37
Regular
M16 wrote:
> Haven't heard from you, ssxpro, in a while.

I have been at home for three weeks during the Easter break, so its been more difficult to get on the net. However, I`m back at Uni now, so the internet is free again, and can be used at any time. Its so much faster too!
Sun 22/04/01 at 14:25
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
thanx webmaster!
Sun 22/04/01 at 14:22
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Haven't heard from you, ssxpro, in a while.
Sun 22/04/01 at 14:21
Regular
webmaster@specialreserve wrote:
> No it will not work. All html is stripped out from posts at the
> moment. There may be a possibility to do it in the future, but that
> won't be for a while.

All html and the entry itself. I tried it, and the entries disappeared.
Sun 22/04/01 at 11:43
cheeeers (:)
Sun 22/04/01 at 11:42
No it will not work. All html is stripped out from posts at the moment. There may be a possibility to do it in the future, but that won't be for a while.
Sun 22/04/01 at 11:07
Not sure if it would work? (:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.