GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NEW BAND - keepin it "creel""

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/06/04 at 15:44
Regular
"flo with the mo"
yo, yo, yo,
any one checked out this new band called creel commission?
I have, they are wicked!
Thu 10/06/04 at 19:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Not a bad band
Thu 10/06/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Cyclone wrote:
> I have to agree, Der Nazi, sometimes you attack other forms of music
> simply because you dislike them. I know it's your opinion, but you
> seem quite happy to generalise and degrade other music forms simply
> because they don't mean anything to you. I have no particular like
> for rap, R&B, hiphop, trance etc, but that does not mean I
> disregard the people who do like them, nor disrespect that they love
> their music. Just be more considerate.

Consideration of other peoples' tastes do come into it, yes, but there are just some types of music that I personally dislike, or if you prefer the word, despise. It is very wearing, yes, I admit it myself, but it's more about the decline of music; Rap from 15 or 20 years ago, I don't mind becauise the lyrics make sense and real instruments are used. I also prefer less recent dance and pop music, because of very similar reasons (Although I don't mind some modern techno).

I am opinionated, you don't have to remind me. It's just that the dislike is quite deep just due to the musical content (Image is something I have never really given two s**ts about when it comes to music). It is wearing, but I think enough people have got my message now, anyway, so I might as well just go back to talking about the bands/solo artists I like so you don't have to put up with endless complaining.

Like the tagline, Jezza. 'Wheels of Steel' by Saxon is a great album. =)
Thu 10/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
"the wheels of steel"
the ting is people always get so defensive about their music. anyhow, I checked this band out and found this: www.creelcommission.com
they seem quite interesting to me
Thu 10/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I have to agree, Der Nazi, sometimes you attack other forms of music simply because you dislike them. I know it's your opinion, but you seem quite happy to generalise and degrade other music forms simply because they don't mean anything to you. I have no particular like for rap, R&B, hiphop, trance etc, but that does not mean I disregard the people who do like them, nor disrespect that they love their music. Just be more considerate.
Thu 10/06/04 at 18:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
gaybys (a.k.a King) wrote:
> "some pointless rap collective"
>
> What makes a rap group any more pointless than any other type of
> group?
> Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's 'pointless'.
>
> I don't even like rap much, but I hate how you insist on constantly
> pigeon-holing things.

I do have quite a big hatred of rap, but I hate the rap groups or whatever they're called even more than the solo artists. I can, however, give you a list of rap songs that I have atctually liked; despite the fact it's quite short, it may well be enlightening.

Tupac- The End of Time
Coolio- Gangster's Paradise
Nelly and Spud- Ride With Me
The Streets- Don't Mug Yourself
Eminem- Real Slim Shady

That's the limit of it really, but it's proof I do like some of the stuff, although I hate much of it. It's all a matter of taste, and yes I am opinionated on the subject. It gets wearing even for me, but I am really nothing more than a rock fan who doesn't really like various types of music for various reasons.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"some pointless rap collective"

What makes a rap group any more pointless than any other type of group?
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's 'pointless'.

I don't even like rap much, but I hate how you insist on constantly pigeon-holing things.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm not being a Mong, I'm just wondering what style of music they are. I don't particularly like pop, rap or that big beat rubbish that skinheads have pumping out of their knackered XR3i's stereos.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Stop being a mong, Nazi.
Thu 10/06/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
flo flo wrote:
> yo, yo, yo,
> any one checked out this new band called creel commission?
> I have, they are wicked!

Seeing the tone in which this is written, they are either a rather rubbish pop group or some pointless rap collective, or whatever these rap groupings are called.

However, if they are a very good hard rock/heavy metal band, I will be very interested. =D
Thu 10/06/04 at 16:50
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Your pun sucks.

"creel" does not sound anything like "real", unless you pronounce it like "reel", in which case you are an idiot.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.