GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Strengthening one skill, Lessening the other."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/06/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ok, I've never posted in this forum before, Even after 1000 days of being here (near enough) And i just felt something has come around me over my time with the computer, I play alot of computer games on the PC. I'd have to amdit, Its something i can't really say no to. And yet, I'd love to stop, But i can't, Its an highly addictive thing. Because of this. I type, alot. And these past few years/months i've had exams come about. And something struck me.

I've become so bad at handwriting, though, I've become great at typing..

I hate this feeling that came over me in my 1st english GCSE exam, I wrote something, looked at it. Then would start looking at it and start wondoring at what it looked like :p, Jumble of letters, with two t's strangly merged togther, You could just make out the e and the r at the end.

I plan to start learning handwriting again.. I' honestly write like i've never wrote before. I've got an english exam tomorrow, 1 hour and 30 mins. Hope i do better then the last time.

Well, I felt i'd post something honest, thanks for reading
Thu 10/06/04 at 10:12
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
It would be great if they let you do all the exams on a keyboard, not practical from the uni point of view but great from mine. My handwriting has become virtually illegible and my signature at one time flatlined so badly that when I got married I didn't need to change it.

Mindst with the introduction of spell checkers my typing has gone downhill as well. I used to be able to type 80+ words a minute on a typewriter but for some reason can't get anywhere near that with the computer keyboard.
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:11
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Doesn't work, people still use it to talk on MSN.

They will now. Before mobile text messaging they might not have. The plague of it has crept onto other methods of communication. The stupidist thing is that people start writing "u" instead of "you" and etc when doing work. It really gets on my baps I tell you.
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:08
Regular
Doesn't work, people still use it to talk on MSN.

Logic concludes that txt spk was an intelligent way to save character space in text messages. Unfortunately shortened words have apprntly tken of & nw evr1 typs wiv < chars cus its gr8
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> But then, you can always say txt msg.

All phones should be fitted with those foldy outey keyboardey things. Then the plague of "txt spk!!11" would not have swept the nation, promoting illiteracy. Damn nation.
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Twenty quid."
What the hey, indeed.
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:02
Regular
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> *chuckles*
>
> I'm out to get you Grix. Watch it.

I really would not be surprised to find out you're one of my mulitples. I've not had a good shock in ages, that seems about right.
Wed 09/06/04 at 23:01
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
"Ha! I used to do that, although initially because I hated the fact that biros sometimes didn't dod dots."

I just do lines, little diagonal things.

You know, is this really worth posting, just for that? What the hey.
Wed 09/06/04 at 22:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
*chuckles*

I'm out to get you Grix. Watch it.
Wed 09/06/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Ashman wrote:
> Does she write in pink, glittery pens Tim?

Not on my forms!

Seriously, though, she learned calligraphy and uses a form of the Edwardian Script font on cards and things - it's excellent, although slightly annoying to read.

> And does she draw mini circles to dot I's and J's?

Ha! I used to do that, although initially because I hated the fact that biros sometimes didn't dod dots.
Wed 09/06/04 at 22:58
Regular
..that's not fair! I hadn't finished writing, who posted that! Damn me.

I think more people are writing now than ever, and the internet community has encouraged people to make tons and tons of badly written poetry diaries. Not that I'd do that. Ahem.

But I think writing as a communication is becoming stronger than it's been in a good while, at least. But then, you can always say txt msg.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.