GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Weird internet explorer problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/06/04 at 22:13
Regular
For some weird reason when i connect to www.suprnova.org internet explorer just stops working, the egg timer is on constantly and nothing loads on screen, then when i try to close it down with right clicking on it and clicking close it comes up with the end program prompt which i press and it still does not close, This is a bummer as i need that site for my torrents.

Any ideas.

Colin
Tue 08/06/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Digging!"
If none of the suggested works, I would definitly go for Firefox, then go to the add/remove menu and select Internet Explorer (6) and click as if you were uninstalling it. This will bring up a box asking whether you want to modifiy it, remove it, or reinstall/repair it. Click to Reinstall/repair it.
Tue 08/06/04 at 20:03
Regular
"\\"
Hah.

*chuckles*

So much advertising of this site. I should hope a staffie doesn't come in here.
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:20
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> For some weird reason when i connect to www.suprnova.org internet
> explorer just stops working, the egg timer is on constantly and
> nothing loads on screen, then when i try to close it down with right
> clicking on it and clicking close it comes up with the end program
> prompt which i press and it still does not close, This is a bummer as
> i need that site for my torrents.
>
> Any ideas.
>
> Colin

What version of windows you using? If Pro, it could be Pro's DNS cache causing problems. To solve it go;

Start > Run > ipconfig /flushdns
Tue 08/06/04 at 11:43
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I kind of had this problem but found out if I opened IE through something else, like checking your mail on MSN, then it worked properly. If you don't have MSN, then just open a link in your favourites folder.
Tue 08/06/04 at 11:36
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> Lol! I moved from MSIE to FireFox about a month ago now. I didn't
> think I'd like it at first, but I do. It's the plugins which make it
> the best - mouse gestures, TabX, Google bar, etc.

Yeah, Firefox takes some time to get used to, but once you've discovered the advantages, it is superb!

+ Firefox is Web Standards Complient
Tue 08/06/04 at 10:34
Regular
"NULL"
gamesfreak wrote:
> AMD_MAN wrote:
> Any ideas.
>
> Mozilla Firefox.

Lol! I moved from MSIE to FireFox about a month ago now. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I do. It's the plugins which make it the best - mouse gestures, TabX, Google bar, etc.

About sites that don't work in it, I know 2, maybe 3 - WindowsUpdates, Odeon, PC Pitstop (though you can download a plugin to let you use another browser). Which sites were you thinking of that don't work?
Tue 08/06/04 at 10:28
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Hi Colin

If you left click and save as, on the torrent you want and download the torrent file. Then just left click and open with your client then its not browser dependant
Tue 08/06/04 at 10:13
Regular
I could use Netscape as that is what i use on my main computer but that does not automatically use the bittorant client when clicking on a bittorant on suprnova.org.

Colin
Tue 08/06/04 at 09:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i had a weirder IE problem,
it loaded everythng fine, it was safe, secure and efficient.
does anyone know how this freak occurance happened?? ;)

seriously, just use Firefox instead. i've only found about 2 sites that NEED internet explorer to run properly (infact, one of them was designed for ie ONLY, which i'm fairly sure is an infringement of those monopoly laws as it forces you to use a single product)
Mon 07/06/04 at 22:57
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
I've been getting that recently to. although it happens on lots of websites (IMDB quite a bit). Just locks up completely and refuses to work. Have you got Norton because that seems to be slowing down mine hugely.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.