GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uploading to Freeola - Slowing Down ??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/06/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Gamblersworld.co.uk"
Has anyone else noticed over the last few days that uploading pages through Freeola is painfully slow ?

Is there a reason for this or am I the only one experiencing it ?

I dial up on 56k to freeola as I use Telewest broadband, however it has always been quick up until now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone !!

Chris
Wed 09/06/04 at 16:52
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Danny - will switching to active mode solve the low speed problem?
Wed 09/06/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Apologies to all for the inconvenience.

Some confusion was encounted as the message got passed from people.

The correct standard for FTP is 'ACTIVE' and not 'PASSIVE'.

Regards,
Danny
Tue 08/06/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Digging!"
doc693 wrote:
> The latest from Freeola support:
>
> "Please bare with us and try this again in a couple of days if
> possible.
> Apologies for the inconvenience."
>
> Bare ?:-0

Seems some of the staffies are going round in the nude now? ;P
Tue 08/06/04 at 18:42
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
The latest from Freeola support:

"Please bare with us and try this again in a couple of days if possible.
Apologies for the inconvenience."

Bare ?:-0

Anyway - is no-one else experiencing this slowdown? And should I use passive or active FTP?
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:08
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Now there's interesting. The email I got from F support said:

"Due to the recent security update, certain customers may be experiencing problems gaining FTP access. This is due to the fact that it is now necessary (for security purposes) to use passive FTP."

But ... I've just been to the F Network Status page, and it says:

"Due to the recent security update, certain customers may be experiencing problems gaining FTP access. This is due to the fact that it is now necessary (for security purposes) to use active FTP. For FTP clients this option should be available, likely asking you if you wish to use passive FTP, the answer to this is NO."

One wonders whether the bony bits half way down the arms are getting confused with the soft bits at the base of the spine.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:59
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
I just had a response back from Freeola support, re my complaint that the FTP servers are taking ages to respond. They say that I should set up my FTP client to use passive FTP. Not very helpful, given that (a) FTP works but is just ridiculously slow, and (b) that it is already set up for "passive" operation. Looks like the support staff just look for anything that seems like it might be the problem, without reading my request properly. I've sent back again to tell them they havent addressed the problem.
Tue 08/06/04 at 12:58
Regular
"Gamblersworld.co.uk"
Thanks - glad its not just me !!

FTP is killing me !!

Cheers

Chris
Mon 07/06/04 at 20:48
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
No, its not just you. I've just sent a note to Freeola Support asking when it'll be sorted out. I've tried my 56K connection to another host I use, and that works at "full speed", so it's definitely a Freeola problem.

Makes an FTP session a real pain.
Mon 07/06/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Gamblersworld.co.uk"
Has anyone else noticed over the last few days that uploading pages through Freeola is painfully slow ?

Is there a reason for this or am I the only one experiencing it ?

I dial up on 56k to freeola as I use Telewest broadband, however it has always been quick up until now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone !!

Chris

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.