GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PHP script changes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/06/04 at 23:49
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
Watch out for any PHP scripts on your pages now that Freeola are updating the security levels. If you were used to naming fields in forms, and just expecting them to appear in PHP as $fieldname, it won't work any more. Now you need to use $_POST["fieldname"].

Same goes for fields attached to the URL, they need to be $_GET["fieldname"], and values like $REMOTE_ADDR have to be referred to as $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"].

Better security, but I've had to change quite a bit of old PHP code just now.
Wed 16/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
doc693 wrote:
> You ought to be able to see the script in your cgibin folder,
Its connected via a sim link on every account, you cannot see it so you cannot modify the file and screw it up.
Tue 15/06/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You could put "php_flag register_globals on" in to a .htaccess file,
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:26
"quod erat demonstru"
An update on my earlier message.

Well, I feel like a right plonker! Having had a rant at SR Customer Service about this, it finally turned out that the reason I cant see file upload data in $_FILES, is 'cos I put a typo in the form, which meant it wasnt being POSTed as a multipart/form-data.

A big thankyou to Andrew Hunt at SR for taking the time to go through my examples and point out where I had made [such a stupid] error.
Fri 11/06/04 at 23:04
"quod erat demonstru"
I sympathise with the feeling of hitting ones head against a brick wall. My conversations with Freeola "support" this week have been like the song 'There's a hole in my bucket'.

I gave some illustrations of different superglobals that should hold the data of a file upload, to be told "Yes, that should work"...."No! It bloody doesn't, even though it should, and thats why I asked for support!"

The reply was classic: "we suggest you go to the network status page and follow the link...." etc.

Anyone else had any luck cracking the location of HTTP file uploads from forms? Cant find no data in $_POST, $_SERVER, or $HTTP_POST_FILE arrays.
Wed 09/06/04 at 14:19
Regular
It's a bit like hitting your head against a wall but after freeola support contiunously telling me to look at the status page, my message seems to have finally got through! My sites that use the freeola form_to_mail.php script are working again...

I asked freeola to update this forum but he thought I was talking about FTP intead !?!

If anyone is still having problems post them here...
Tue 08/06/04 at 19:39
Regular
"NULL"
Fair enough I suppose. Ya reckon Freeola could let us know when they will be able to do this???
Tue 08/06/04 at 15:37
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> Why not just write your own PHP script. It is actually very easy to
> do. Google for a tutorial on it if you want a step by step guide, or
> just go to the PHP site ([URL]http://www.php.net[/URL])and search for
> the mail() function.

I've re-written the contact pages for one site using a CGI FormMail script. But I've got another 4 sites to fix so would rather FREEOLA corrected their supplied script (it this is at fault) to save time.

Failing that, then I'll have to re-write the broken sites - all work I haven't got time to do...
Tue 08/06/04 at 12:34
Regular
"NULL"
Why not just write your own PHP script. It is actually very easy to do. Google for a tutorial on it if you want a step by step guide, or just go to the PHP site ([URL]http://www.php.net[/URL])and search for the mail() function.
Tue 08/06/04 at 10:53
Regular
I'm having a bit of a hard time with getting an answer from freeola support :(

All they keep doing is referring me to the status page (about 4 times!) to see the changes I have to make.

Incase I've lost the plot can someone confirm where these changes have to be made? I'm using an HTML FORM which calls the FREEOLA mail_to_form.php script. I'm assuming the changes are PHP code so have to be made in THEIR script ???

If there is something I should be doing then I would like to know what...
Mon 07/06/04 at 21:42
Regular
I can't find the script in my cgi-bin. It must be picked up by some sort of default concatenation ?

Hopefully freeola will re-read my support email!

------------------------------
See what you mean about newbie :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.