GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email spam bots !!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/06/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Gamblersworld.co.uk"
Can anyone tell me the best way to stop your email addresses online from being subject to spamming by bots ??

I am not sure what happens but they keep finding me !!

I beleive you can add a contact email without it being underlined so they cannot detect it - is this true ?

Would be most grateful if someone could help.

Many thanks in advance

Chris
Sun 06/06/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Gamblersworld.co.uk"
Can anyone tell me the best way to stop your email addresses online from being subject to spamming by bots ??

I am not sure what happens but they keep finding me !!

I beleive you can add a contact email without it being underlined so they cannot detect it - is this true ?

Would be most grateful if someone could help.

Many thanks in advance

Chris
Sun 06/06/04 at 21:38
Regular
"NULL"
My advice would be to get a domain name and setup a catch all account, so that any address @ your domain goes to one account. Then each time you need to use your email address, use a different address. So if you signup to Amazon for example, use amazon@

Then if you start getting spam on one address, just block that one address. Works best for me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.