GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The real people the movie industry couldn't do without."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/06/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Braaains"
Who couldn't the American movie industry function without? Actors? Nope, they're replacable, and there's always a new wave of young stars willing to take their places. Directors? Again, no, any muppet who's directed an advert can be given a script and told to get to work. Producers? Don't make me laugh. No, the real people that the industry couldn't do without are the folks who cobble together film trailers - they're true craftsman. No, don't laugh. They can cobble together a two minute trailer that makes even the worst film look palatable, or make a decent film look like the second coming. They're not unlike the carnival barkers that used to stand outside fairground sideshows, hyping up what lay inside to the point where people were clamouring to get in.

The work of one of these movie showmen actually made me want to watch the abysmal Jamie Lee Curtis 'Virus'. Of course, when I actually sat down to watch the film I discovered it was a complete pile of rubbish, not helped by Donald Sutherland doing the worst Oirish accent since Brad 'Oi need the maahney Taaam' Pritt in The Devils Own. And yes, they even persuaded me that watching Carrie 2 was a good idea. In fact, thanks to the skilful editing or some of Hollywood's trailer pros, you can actually walk out of a movie having realized that the trailer in fact contained all the best bits from the movie and only took up two minutes instead of two hours of your time. In fact now that cynicism has well and truly set in, maybe I'll just stop watching movies and just watch the trailers instead and then go and do something outside.

They rarely get a nod in film credits either, remaining hidden from view. So next time you're at the cinema, watching The Day After Tomorrow or whatever and thinking 'They're being chased down a corridor by the cold, for crying out loud! What kind of rubbish is this?' spare a thought for these unsung heroes. Good guys or bad guys, the movie industry would fall apart without them. Oh, and for those of you wondering, Jamie Lee Curtis spends most of Virus in a parka. Don't bother.
Fri 04/06/04 at 20:55
Regular
True, people who make the Movie Trailers are pretty good at their job.

Although I hate it when films use all their good jokes in the trailers. Made films like Just Married seem even worse than they already are.
Fri 04/06/04 at 20:39
Regular
"Braaains"
Who couldn't the American movie industry function without? Actors? Nope, they're replacable, and there's always a new wave of young stars willing to take their places. Directors? Again, no, any muppet who's directed an advert can be given a script and told to get to work. Producers? Don't make me laugh. No, the real people that the industry couldn't do without are the folks who cobble together film trailers - they're true craftsman. No, don't laugh. They can cobble together a two minute trailer that makes even the worst film look palatable, or make a decent film look like the second coming. They're not unlike the carnival barkers that used to stand outside fairground sideshows, hyping up what lay inside to the point where people were clamouring to get in.

The work of one of these movie showmen actually made me want to watch the abysmal Jamie Lee Curtis 'Virus'. Of course, when I actually sat down to watch the film I discovered it was a complete pile of rubbish, not helped by Donald Sutherland doing the worst Oirish accent since Brad 'Oi need the maahney Taaam' Pritt in The Devils Own. And yes, they even persuaded me that watching Carrie 2 was a good idea. In fact, thanks to the skilful editing or some of Hollywood's trailer pros, you can actually walk out of a movie having realized that the trailer in fact contained all the best bits from the movie and only took up two minutes instead of two hours of your time. In fact now that cynicism has well and truly set in, maybe I'll just stop watching movies and just watch the trailers instead and then go and do something outside.

They rarely get a nod in film credits either, remaining hidden from view. So next time you're at the cinema, watching The Day After Tomorrow or whatever and thinking 'They're being chased down a corridor by the cold, for crying out loud! What kind of rubbish is this?' spare a thought for these unsung heroes. Good guys or bad guys, the movie industry would fall apart without them. Oh, and for those of you wondering, Jamie Lee Curtis spends most of Virus in a parka. Don't bother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.