GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"But...how?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/06/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So I've been waiting excitedly for the past week or so for my Hero DVD to come all the way from China. And I get one of those "we caled but you weren't in" cards from the Post Office. I was in, just asleep. So I go to the Post Office about 5 hours later, and it's not there. It should be, but it isn't. They've managed to lose it from my front door, to the pigeon hole where it should have been.

So it can be in one of two places. Either somewhere else at the Post Office. The bloke had a good look at al the slots, somewhere else, and he said that it definitely wasn't there, but I should go back tomorrow to have another try. Or the Postman took it. Now, I don't like pointing the finger, especially at someone who has been pretty reliable, but that's the only other explanation. What gets me, is that he had it in his hand at one point, and now it's magically vanished.

And if they can't find it tomorrow I'l have to get them to reimburse me, which could take a while, and then order the DVD again, which will take anoher week. Grrrr - I'm not happy_monkey_bunny_man!
Sat 05/06/04 at 12:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Timmargh wrote:
> Whilst waiting for my copy, I got this from Pandemonium:
> [URL]http://timmargh.net/files/hero.jpg[/URL]

Ha ha ha, cheers Timbo.

I got it this morning, apparently it was just a little bit further than the bloke looked. Typical.

And it's 3 hours after they post the card round here. I went at 10 to 6, and the office closed at 6, so it would have been there if they hadn't misplaced it. I'm really looking forward to it, but to pass myself over I bought a Bill Hicks DVD!
Sat 05/06/04 at 01:42
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It may have been a different postie today - you were asleep, so I assume you didn't actually see him. It would epxlain a lot; he's dishonest, a maverick, he doesn't play by the book and he doesn't get results either. Which is why he can't get full time postie work, and they only let him fill in for others on sick days. Something to think about.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:54
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> um..last time I had one of those cards it said it wouldn't be waiting
> there to be collected for 24 hours, so it should be there the next
> day.

May be differnt in differnt areas, but it's 48 hours in Hull.
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:16
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
never get anything from china
Sat 05/06/04 at 00:12
Regular
um..last time I had one of those cards it said it wouldn't be waiting there to be collected for 24 hours, so it should be there the next day.
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Milky Milky"
lol...
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Whilst waiting for my copy, I got this from Pandemonium: [URL]http://timmargh.net/files/hero.jpg[/URL]
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Milky Milky"
If you know your postie and he is OK then it is very doubtful that he has half inched it...he very well probably just hadn't got back to the depot with it when you had got there. I've had to claim off of Royal Mail quite a few times and it usually takes around three weeks to get a refund. They don't usually start investgating until it has been missing for at least a week.
Fri 04/06/04 at 20:22
Regular
"lets go back"
Maybe the postman hadnt finished his round so was still on his way back to the office.

I had to wait for about a month to get it sent from China due to shipment failures. Its worth the wait tho (if you like this type of film).
Fri 04/06/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
So I've been waiting excitedly for the past week or so for my Hero DVD to come all the way from China. And I get one of those "we caled but you weren't in" cards from the Post Office. I was in, just asleep. So I go to the Post Office about 5 hours later, and it's not there. It should be, but it isn't. They've managed to lose it from my front door, to the pigeon hole where it should have been.

So it can be in one of two places. Either somewhere else at the Post Office. The bloke had a good look at al the slots, somewhere else, and he said that it definitely wasn't there, but I should go back tomorrow to have another try. Or the Postman took it. Now, I don't like pointing the finger, especially at someone who has been pretty reliable, but that's the only other explanation. What gets me, is that he had it in his hand at one point, and now it's magically vanished.

And if they can't find it tomorrow I'l have to get them to reimburse me, which could take a while, and then order the DVD again, which will take anoher week. Grrrr - I'm not happy_monkey_bunny_man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.