GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stereo Type Computer nerd."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/06/04 at 18:51
Regular
Someone said to me today "there is no way you are in computers" when i said i was and my boss sang my praises he said "oh it's just you don't look like a nerd", i swiftly opened my spare can-o-woopass on him and he appologised.

Anyway what i am trying to say is that not all computer nerds are ginger, fat and were glasses (or just one of the above), I am 20 stone (ive lost 2 stone recently) of pure british beef, im the sort of person you would either not get involved with because i look hard (really im a nice guy) or the sort of person that you would sort out first because im the biggest, But i am a nerd and do not mind admitting it, i also would rather talk my way out of a fight than use up my spare cans o-woopass. I actually feel embarassed when i tell people that i am an IT insurance Evaluator ( i repair, spec up and suggest suitable replacments for Pc's for most large insurance company's)

Who else here does not look like the job they are in and when they are out on the town keep pretty quiete about the line of work they are in?

Colin (oh and that name does not help my case :)
Sun 06/06/04 at 21:46
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
I suppose i'm fairly nerdish although I am trying to change that slightly. I used to wear glasses but got contacts which are so much better and I'm really tall and thin. But i'm quite an outdoors person so i live a fairly varied life. But i'm only 16 and heading off to Uni to do Computing or Software Engineering next year.
Sun 06/06/04 at 09:45
Regular
I wear glasses, but I have a pretty active social life, most of my friends know i'm a geek but they don't care, i'm pretty lucky compared to some.
Sun 06/06/04 at 09:11
Regular
"relocated"
Only my girlfriend knows exactly how much of a geek I am. She makes fun of me for reading The Art of Computer Programming in bed, which is totally unfair because I don't read it every night, just nights when I can't be arsed reading a story.

I hide my geekiness from the rest of the world very well.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:56
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I would say im not, im pretty tanned, have a social life, and am pretty popular.
Many people dont even know im a 'computer guy'
I just dont let it get in the way of socializing.
Sat 05/06/04 at 23:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I pretty much fit the stereotype; glasses, deathly-white complection..
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:33
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> I don't know whether I look like a nerd....
>
> Saying that, I play Bass guitar, have mid-to-long-ish hair, and am
> tall and thin, but don't wear glasses, and I dress in T-Shirts and
> baggy trousers/jeans... so I guess maybe I'm more of a punk/greebo
> than a nerd, but, hey.....
>
>
> :)

Oh, and I'm a 16yr old, so I don't have any qualifications etc yet...

lol
Sat 05/06/04 at 17:32
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I don't know whether I look like a nerd....

Saying that, I play Bass guitar, have mid-to-long-ish hair, and am tall and thin, but don't wear glasses, and I dress in T-Shirts and baggy trousers/jeans... so I guess maybe I'm more of a punk/greebo than a nerd, but, hey.....

:)
Fri 04/06/04 at 19:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just thought I better add what I do. I'm an audio tech student, which means I'll be unemployed in the near future, but I try to find work as a freelance web designer whenever I can be bothered.
Fri 04/06/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Oh, I'm a complete geek, and I look the part. I've got long hair and glasses, and I'm tall (but I like to think I'm "athletic"). But I'm also pretty rocking at guitar, so I guess I'm half Stephen Hawkings, half Fonzie. Probably.
Fri 04/06/04 at 18:51
Regular
Someone said to me today "there is no way you are in computers" when i said i was and my boss sang my praises he said "oh it's just you don't look like a nerd", i swiftly opened my spare can-o-woopass on him and he appologised.

Anyway what i am trying to say is that not all computer nerds are ginger, fat and were glasses (or just one of the above), I am 20 stone (ive lost 2 stone recently) of pure british beef, im the sort of person you would either not get involved with because i look hard (really im a nice guy) or the sort of person that you would sort out first because im the biggest, But i am a nerd and do not mind admitting it, i also would rather talk my way out of a fight than use up my spare cans o-woopass. I actually feel embarassed when i tell people that i am an IT insurance Evaluator ( i repair, spec up and suggest suitable replacments for Pc's for most large insurance company's)

Who else here does not look like the job they are in and when they are out on the town keep pretty quiete about the line of work they are in?

Colin (oh and that name does not help my case :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.