GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Nintendo Gamecube Vs The Microsoft X-box"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/04/01 at 10:06
Regular
We all know that the Gamecube is going to be very good, but most people i know are going to get a X-box even though they have a p.c. That is very stupit, i mean think about it all the games you will be able to get for the X-box are already out for the p.c or will come out when it is released for X-box. The best choice would be a Gamecube, think of all the good games that are going to come out for it, that are for no other format, games such as a Zelda sequal, a Perfect Dark sequal and don't forget another game from the Turok series etc.

Right performance wise the X-box is suppost to be better but in any other aspect the Nintendo Gamecube wins. I aslo think the X-box's controler is to much like a Dreamcasts controler, as for the Gamecube's it looks weird but you will get used to it as like when the N64 came out quite alot of people didn't buy it because of the controler.

I hope you all make the right decsion and get a Gamecube if you already have a P.C, but if you dodn't have a P.C i would still recomend that you get a Gamecube as it will cost as little as £150 and games will cost around £20. I have no idea of prices for the X-box, but are most likely to be quite exspensive.
Sat 21/04/01 at 10:06
We all know that the Gamecube is going to be very good, but most people i know are going to get a X-box even though they have a p.c. That is very stupit, i mean think about it all the games you will be able to get for the X-box are already out for the p.c or will come out when it is released for X-box. The best choice would be a Gamecube, think of all the good games that are going to come out for it, that are for no other format, games such as a Zelda sequal, a Perfect Dark sequal and don't forget another game from the Turok series etc.

Right performance wise the X-box is suppost to be better but in any other aspect the Nintendo Gamecube wins. I aslo think the X-box's controler is to much like a Dreamcasts controler, as for the Gamecube's it looks weird but you will get used to it as like when the N64 came out quite alot of people didn't buy it because of the controler.

I hope you all make the right decsion and get a Gamecube if you already have a P.C, but if you dodn't have a P.C i would still recomend that you get a Gamecube as it will cost as little as £150 and games will cost around £20. I have no idea of prices for the X-box, but are most likely to be quite exspensive.
Sat 21/04/01 at 14:34
Regular
"accidental superher"
skater-2k1 wrote:
> We all know that the Gamecube is going to be very good, but most
> people i know are going to get a X-box even though they have a p.c.
> That is very stupit, i mean think about it all the games you will be
> able to get for the X-box are already out for the p.c or will come
> out when it is released for X-box. The best choice would be a
> Gamecube, think of all the good games that are going to come out for
> it, that are for no other format, games such as a Zelda sequal, a
> Perfect Dark sequal and don't forget another game from the Turok
> series etc.

Right performance wise the X-box is suppost to be
> better but in any other aspect the Nintendo Gamecube wins. I aslo
> think the X-box's controler is to much like a Dreamcasts controler,
> as for the Gamecube's it looks weird but you will get used to it as
> like when the N64 came out quite alot of people didn't buy it
> because of the controler.

I hope you all make the right decsion
> and get a Gamecube if you already have a P.C, but if you dodn't have
> a P.C i would still recomend that you get a Gamecube as it will cost
> as little as £150 and games will cost around £20. I have
> no idea of prices for the X-box, but are most likely to be quite
> exspensive.

Well i slightly disagree with this "if you have a pc then why get an x box." That's cos if the main reason you have a pc is to play games then an xbox would be much easier....no need to install stuff, not as expensive, no need to upgrade your system every so often.... also not all games on the x box will actually appear on the pc...for a start let's look at the sega games being released on the x box....there has been no announcement about them or any other game on the xbox (apart from halo but that was already in the making for ages) being released on the pc...

also the release titles on the whole look quite good for the xbox...and there are many games in production for the xbox that look really cool...

and what's all this about the gamecube being only 150 quid...and games being 20 quid. i doubt they would sell it all that cheaply...where did you get this info from??
Sat 21/04/01 at 16:17
I think the best overall consol to get is Gamecube as it is ment to be alot cheaper for the consol and the games, as the X-box is suppost to be quite expesive.The games for the Gamecube are so cheap because Nintendo have designed special CD's which are half the size of normal cd and can hold up to 1.5GB.
Sun 22/04/01 at 21:01
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I agree with Skater2K1 and I am going to get a GC but Beanz does have a point!!
Mon 30/04/01 at 09:50
beanz wrote:
> skater-2k1 wrote:
> We all know that the Gamecube is going to be
> very good, but most
> people i know are going to get a X-box
> even though they have a p.c.
> That is very stupit, i mean think
> about it all the games you will be
> able to get for the X-box
> are already out for the p.c or will come
> out when it is
> released for X-box. The best choice would be a
> Gamecube, think
> of all the good games that are going to come out for
> it, that
> are for no other format, games such as a Zelda sequal, a
>
> Perfect Dark sequal and don't forget another game from the
> Turok
> series etc.

Right performance wise the X-box is
> suppost to be
> better but in any other aspect the Nintendo
> Gamecube wins. I aslo
> think the X-box's controler is to much
> like a Dreamcasts controler,
> as for the Gamecube's it looks
> weird but you will get used to it as
> like when the N64 came
> out quite alot of people didn't buy it
> because of the
> controler.

I hope you all make the right decsion
> and get a
> Gamecube if you already have a P.C, but if you dodn't have
> a
> P.C i would still recomend that you get a Gamecube as it will
> cost
> as little as £150 and games will cost around
> £20. I have
> no idea of prices for the X-box, but are
> most likely to be quite
> exspensive.

Well i slightly
> disagree with this "if you have a pc then why get an x
> box." That's cos if the main reason you have a pc is to play
> games then an xbox would be much easier....no need to install stuff,
> not as expensive, no need to upgrade your system every so often....
> also not all games on the x box will actually appear on the pc...for
> a start let's look at the sega games being released on the x
> box....there has been no announcement about them or any other game
> on the xbox (apart from halo but that was already in the making for
> ages) being released on the pc...

also the release titles on the
> whole look quite good for the xbox...and there are many games in
> production for the xbox that look really cool...

and what's all
> this about the gamecube being only 150 quid...and games being 20
> quid. i doubt they would sell it all that cheaply...where did you
> get this info from??

actually the game cube is meant to be around £199 , and i dought the games will be £20
Tue 08/05/01 at 23:50
Regular
"Back For Good"
There's always been a war between Sony and Nintendo.There are both good i own a ps2 and would recommend the gamecube for kids because like the psone now it's aimed at them.but coming onto the subject.I HATE Microsft i can't stand them windows has so many bugs in it that they should hire an exterminator.I saw the x box running a snowboarding game on cybernet and it wasn't even close to SSX on the PS2.I hope Sony and nintendo wip Bill Gates's behind all the way to the international space station.and he nicked some of the playstation 2's games A**hole!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.