GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVB Cards - How Do They Work?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 14:56
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
When my friend got sky digital the guy said about a DVB card.
I know you can watch freeview channels on your PC with it and get high-speed internet access.

But how does it work?

I've looked on a few websites but they're really confusing.
I'd really like to know how they work because where I live isn't going to get broadband any time soon.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:56
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
When my friend got sky digital the guy said about a DVB card.
I know you can watch freeview channels on your PC with it and get high-speed internet access.

But how does it work?

I've looked on a few websites but they're really confusing.
I'd really like to know how they work because where I live isn't going to get broadband any time soon.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Wed 09/06/04 at 08:43
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
OK....

DVB has been developed to include encapsulation techniques which allow the MPEG-2 data packets to carry TCP/IP traffic at the same multi-Megabits/sec speed as digital television. This allows both digital TV and internet traffic to co-exist on the same system and be received by either DVB PC cards or DVB set-top-boxes.

DVB is under development to include a number of capabilities of interest to the interactive community: standard return path protocols via satellite and cable, open platforms, MHEG and compatibility with HTTP, IPV6 and other internet protocols. DVB today has the ability to carry TCP/IP - and hence any other standard using TCP/IP - at a very high speed.

From what ive read it's not any good at multiplayer gaming as the ping is very high, better sorted for streaming content etc...

I am not aware of any DVB providers in the UK, I have looked around and nothing came up, ill keep looking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.