GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harry Potter getting killed off?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 12:01
Regular
"Legendary Red Dwarf"
I read in a magazine that J.k Rowling the aurthor of Harry Potter mite kill off Harry to end this line of wizardary books it mite be true but its just a rumour.

Thanks
Draken R Dwarf
Sun 06/06/04 at 12:08
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
I think Hermione will die in book 7 and Harry will kill Voldemort in revenge. Only to find he is his grandfather. Lillies father.
Sat 05/06/04 at 19:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The sagacious one wrote:
> Even
> the guy who plays Harry said of the latest film "we tried really
> hard to ensure that the Dementors didn't look too much like
> Ringwraiths".

Ironic, as as soon as I saw them, my mind went 'Ripoff!'
Sat 05/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Braaains"
> It was quite shameful.
> I think, "Let's go and get him!"
>
> "Okay."
>
> Would have been more pleasing.
>
> In my book, when someone dies, they die - I'm talking spine rippage
> here, make no mistake.
> Oh, how the fans shall weep.

Yep, that was a real cop-out death. He'll probably be rescued by Richard Dean Anderson or someone. A real death is like the one at the end of Batman: No Man's Land where someone got shot in the head - you saw the body, and knew they were dead. In Harry Potter it was like someone falling into the sea and the RNLI just going 'Nah, he's dead. Let's not bother.'
Sat 05/06/04 at 18:18
"period drama"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> And her 'terrible terrible death' was so poor you almost missed it,
> and then didn't even care.
>
> "*gasp* Sirius fell behind that curtain!"
>
> "Let's go and get him"
>
> "Nah he's dead"
>
> "Really?"
>
> "Yeah"
>
>
> I had to read that page three times to actually get my head around
> the fact that that's all that happened.

It was quite shameful.
I think, "Let's go and get him!"

"Okay."

Would have been more pleasing.

In my book, when someone dies, they die - I'm talking spine rippage here, make no mistake.
Oh, how the fans shall weep.
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:33
Regular
"Braaains"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Aha, I see through your fraud!
>
> Why would a book have closing credits?
>
>
> Close, but no cigar.

Did I say book? I meant book and movie - *fixed* :)
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
Aha, I see through your fraud!

Why would a book have closing credits?

Close, but no cigar.
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:25
Regular
"Braaains"
Yes, it's true. I can in fact reveal that Harry dies in the final book and film - I've managed to steal the last two pages from the already written script for the movie and here they are:

Harry Potter and The Overing of the Hype - Final Scene:

*Harry, Ron and all their teachers and fellow pupils are gathered in the hall at Hogwarts.*

Harry: 'At last, the evil wizard Voldemorte has been captured. The cost has been high - Hermione has been torn to pieces by a horde of creepy lust-crazed middle-aged men and her remains sold on E-Bay, but this is the end. It all comes down to this. There'll be no more of your heinous deeds from now on. '

Ron: 'Rat's right, Raggy!'

*Harry removes Voldemorts face, revealed to be a rubber mask*

Harry: 'Why, it's Mildred Hubble, star of The Worst Witch books, subsequently a successful TV series'

Mildred Hubble: 'Damn you Harry Potter. Your adventures have been little more than a copy of my own antics with some pap-Lord of the Rings style gloom and doom thrown in.'

Harry: 'And you would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for us meddling kids, eh?'

Mildred: 'Funny you should mention that. Look behind you.'

Harry: 'I'm not falling for that!'

Mildred: 'Suit yourself.'

*there is is a sickening thud as a copy of the hardback edition of 'Goblet of Fire' makes contact with the back of Harry's head, tearing it clean off. The camera pans around to reveal a Miss Hardbroom, Mildred's form tutor holding the now bloodied copy of the book. She drops it to the floor. Ron ponders the situation, and promptly boots Potter's head across the floor and into the fireplace where it burns merrily.

Ron: 'I never liked being a sidekick anyway'

Snape: 'Now maybe things can get back to normal around here.'

Miss Hardbroom: 'Fancy a bunk-up?'

Snape: 'Okay then.'

All: 'Hurrah!'

*cue closing credits*
Sat 05/06/04 at 16:14
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
>
> And her 'terrible terrible death' was so poor you almost missed it,
> and then didn't even care.

"*gasp* Sirius fell behind that curtain!"

"Let's go and get him"

"Nah he's dead"

"Really?"

"Yeah"

I had to read that page three times to actually get my head around the fact that that's all that happened.
Sat 05/06/04 at 15:19
"period drama"
The films were like every fantasy cliche you can imagine bundled with some painful child-acting and not bad cameos.
I wouldn't be too sorry if they never existed.

Despite my near-hatred, I've read all the books for some reason.
The last one made me cry. Not because of it's strong emotional writing, but it's truly awful writing, confused action, drawn-out chapters of tedium and zero original ideas.

And her 'terrible terrible death' was so poor you almost missed it, and then didn't even care.

She better kill the little shitehawk off, if only to try (and probably fail) to make up for that piece of cockwash she just wrote.
I wouldn't be too sorry if she never existed.
Sat 05/06/04 at 14:44
"Was UW."
Call me whatever, but I've actually thought that the films were okay, but LOTR still kicks the crap out of them and also, I would like to see Harry 'Pothead' die myself...hehe...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.