GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Republic Commando"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Republic Commando'.
Thu 03/03/05 at 00:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone else getting this ? Getting a bit scary lately with all these Star Wars games being good for a change. Finished KOTOR 2 which was excellent, so now this will be my next Star Wars fix inbetween online games of Battlefront.

Been hearing about another Battlefront game in the works too which has got me smiling. Hopefully some more levels with ATATs will appear so I can continue my unholy quest of making Rebels extinct.

Maybe they'll even bring a follow up to Republic Commando out with the Stormtroopers as the squad. ;-)

Oh and for all those that are just dying to post with stuff like "Republic Commando is boring and crappy !", er, I don't care - you can chew on the hairs that stick out of a monkeys love sack cause I'm only curious on if anyone on here is buying it.

Oh and hi to everyone I know on here. Anyway, I'm off to bed now cause I'm tired after throwing abuse at DOA Ultimate for the last couple of hours.
Thu 03/03/05 at 00:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Anyone else getting this ? Getting a bit scary lately with all these Star Wars games being good for a change. Finished KOTOR 2 which was excellent, so now this will be my next Star Wars fix inbetween online games of Battlefront.

Been hearing about another Battlefront game in the works too which has got me smiling. Hopefully some more levels with ATATs will appear so I can continue my unholy quest of making Rebels extinct.

Maybe they'll even bring a follow up to Republic Commando out with the Stormtroopers as the squad. ;-)

Oh and for all those that are just dying to post with stuff like "Republic Commando is boring and crappy !", er, I don't care - you can chew on the hairs that stick out of a monkeys love sack cause I'm only curious on if anyone on here is buying it.

Oh and hi to everyone I know on here. Anyway, I'm off to bed now cause I'm tired after throwing abuse at DOA Ultimate for the last couple of hours.
Thu 03/03/05 at 07:09
Regular
I was pleasantly surprised by the demo - it's actually rather decent.

Don't know if I'll grab it though. Aside from World of Warcraft (Best Game Evah™), I need to fit time in for:

Metal Gear Solid 3
Oddworld Stranger
Chaos Theory
Future Perfect

And possibly:
Forza Motorsport

Then there's my PSP turning up at the end of the Month :D

I may have to rent it though, just to experience the full version.
Thu 03/03/05 at 14:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Got pretty average/poor reviews.

Not worth it in my opinion.
Thu 03/03/05 at 17:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Shame, cause I was hoping to put together an all Brit squad for Live. ;-)

Oh well, I'm sure I'll catch you all on other Live games.
Thu 03/03/05 at 18:36
Regular
Apprently the Live part of the game was very much an after thought so I wouldn't get too excited about it.

Next big Live game for me will be Timesplitter : FP and then the godly Chaos Theory.
Thu 03/03/05 at 20:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I don't like Timesplitters all that much. Definatly have to get Chaos Theory though.
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
We'll all be on CT, easily.
Fri 04/03/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'm getting Republic Commando, courtesy of SR and their appreciation for my decidedly below average review - if it can be dignified as such - of Black Arrow.

Republic Commando
Oddworld: Stranger
MGS3
Splinter Cell 3
TimeSplitters FP

Stupid companies releasing games at the same time.

Still, I won 2, and I hopefully I can find the money fot the rest.

Hopefully Rep Commando will be good on LIVE, I can see it being quite popular, but with HALO still going strong, a new Rainbow Six, TimeSplitters AND Chaos Theory, i'm not sure people will find the time for it. As long as there's people on TS: FP or SC: CT, I don't really mind if Rep COmmando is a bit thin with players.
Fri 04/03/05 at 12:09
Regular
"BOSE"
I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. Ab loved the demo on KOTOR2. The "visor wiper" when you get creature cuts, droid crap etc on your face is nuts!! :-D

I want it now :-|
Fri 04/03/05 at 21:32
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, I've played it on and offline and from what I can see so far it's good.

Trick online.. becuase it feels so much like HALO, but you die much quicker. it's like HALO controls, Rainbow idea's with slightly sub-Timesplitters pace.

insane.

Still. It's quite good. Whether or not i'll play it after Splinter 3 and Timesplitters 3 are out, I don't know.. but it's an excellent stop-gap, if I don't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.