GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RIGHT THEN. (!)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Broadband.

As some of you may know, my dad has been gently delaying us getting broadband for some time. I've even told some of you of the "Not just now, it's all about the money" then buying a new fridge 2 weeks later thing.

But no more, I say.
NO MORE.

I'm seriously, seriously going to push it now, because I'm totally pisassed off with this stupid gay ho 56k.

You see, BT started that thermometer interest thingy in about October 2002. My dad said, "Yeah, we'll get it once it's available here, ok?". So I was pleased.
August 2003, and it becomes available.
"In a month or so"
"Ok"

February 2004
"Yeah, we'll get it soon"
"Ok"

April/May 2004
"It's all about the money right now"
"Ok"
"So do you all like the new fridge then?"

And so now, I am past boiling point, and onto complete evaporation and stuff. Latent heat and all that malarky.
I forget.

Enough of this then. 512K is probably what we'll settle for.
Which is seemingly the best package?
I don't really care about, "Oh, this one time we had a problem" malarky, because we're usually very lucky with this.

Things I want;
Unlimited thingy (as in, no 1GB/2GB download limit)
A good price

Yus.
So, people, please. Help me.
I am in need.

I'm currently looking at Pipex.
Cheers, people. And I really, really will kiss you if you help me.
Honest.
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Broadband.

As some of you may know, my dad has been gently delaying us getting broadband for some time. I've even told some of you of the "Not just now, it's all about the money" then buying a new fridge 2 weeks later thing.

But no more, I say.
NO MORE.

I'm seriously, seriously going to push it now, because I'm totally pisassed off with this stupid gay ho 56k.

You see, BT started that thermometer interest thingy in about October 2002. My dad said, "Yeah, we'll get it once it's available here, ok?". So I was pleased.
August 2003, and it becomes available.
"In a month or so"
"Ok"

February 2004
"Yeah, we'll get it soon"
"Ok"

April/May 2004
"It's all about the money right now"
"Ok"
"So do you all like the new fridge then?"

And so now, I am past boiling point, and onto complete evaporation and stuff. Latent heat and all that malarky.
I forget.

Enough of this then. 512K is probably what we'll settle for.
Which is seemingly the best package?
I don't really care about, "Oh, this one time we had a problem" malarky, because we're usually very lucky with this.

Things I want;
Unlimited thingy (as in, no 1GB/2GB download limit)
A good price

Yus.
So, people, please. Help me.
I am in need.

I'm currently looking at Pipex.
Cheers, people. And I really, really will kiss you if you help me.
Honest.
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:30
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Im with telewest broadband at the moment.
It cost's 16.99 a month which in my opinion is a good deal. It is running at 512k memory.
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:46
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
512k memory.

Haha.
Wed 02/06/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Digging!"
Squall wrote:
> Im with telewest broadband at the moment.
> It cost's 16.99 a month which in my opinion is a good deal. It is
> running at 512k memory.

He may not be able to get cable, like most of the population, so will have to get ADSL. I would go for Pipex (http://www.solo.pipex.net/) and go for Solo 500. I have this and its fast, you get 12 emails, alaises for them, 50Mb of webspace, free setup, and free modem. £23.44 a month inc VAT.
Wed 02/06/04 at 19:03
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
gaybys wrote:
> 512k memory.
>
> Haha.

look stuff you . I was only trying to help.
Wed 02/06/04 at 20:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
[URL]http://www.adslguide.org.uk/[/URL]

All you ever need to know in the link above. Pipex are good as I am with them :D PlusNet are decent and offer 512K at £14.99 but thats limited, but £21.99 gives you unlimited. They do a range of prices so you could get 4Gb limit for the month for under £20, plus you can buy extra Gb so that you could save money one month by only using a few Gb. But £21.99 for unlimited is good.

Other ones to look out for are Nildram, Zen and Eclispe. Dont know what sort of price they each are but they should be about the same as Pipex. Mentioning them because they are some of the better ISPs around, just like Pipex and PlusNet.

PlusNet also do 2Mb now :D £39.99 for unlimited, and £29.99 for unlimited 1Mb.
Wed 02/06/04 at 22:15
Regular
"NULL"
We've been with Zen for nearly a year now. The whole package is fantastic. It's not the cheapest (£27.99 a month) but you get a block of 8 static IPs if you want, and the monthly newsletters are actually quite interesting - they recommended this web site to me this time: [URL]http://www.subservientchicken.com[/URL]

They also tend to do very well on the ADSLGuide speed/reliabilty/customer service rankings. You can supply your own hardware or buy from them. Oh, and they have a 1 month minimum contract, so if you want to move, you can do.
Wed 02/06/04 at 23:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gaybys wrote:
> 512k memory.
>
> Haha.

Heh heh.
Thu 03/06/04 at 11:45
Regular
": ("
Im using 56k at the mo because im round my mates house till Friday.
He isn't really my mate, he plays with my sister more than me so I just go on the PC most of the time but 56k really does suck testicles.

I know how you feel, Azul.
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I use Force9/Plusnet broadband.

I got the Broadband EasyStart Package, which has free modem, filters and connection. Just £24.99 from the word go (except the first ounce of postage), and its well worth it.

I've tried, Pipex, NTL, BT, etc, all on different M8s machines... seriously, mine is KING!

I get pings of 14-25 on most UK CS Servers. Mates on NTL usually please with 50. Pipex seem to get similar results.

I just posted a tech support query to my provider, it sed it would be returned with 7hrs 19mins, in fact, it just took 4minutes. Its the best tech support I HAVE EVER USED!

The service has never gone down on me yet. Maintenance is usually done at unearthly hours, or during non-busy periods, so you never notice any problems at all.

Its the smoothest ISP I've ever come across, well recommended!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.