GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Problem: I need help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/03/05 at 03:23
"I dont know."
Well
I got my ps2 the christmas before last, after a few months it start messing up like not certain games, now it only plays very little games like last time I tried I couldnt play Vice City or anything except Street Hoops. Can someone help me? I tried going inside of it and dusting what little dust was on there which wasnt that much, cleaned the lens, and all that good stuff and it still dont work. :( I need to play me some GTA:SA
Thu 03/03/05 at 03:23
"I dont know."
Well
I got my ps2 the christmas before last, after a few months it start messing up like not certain games, now it only plays very little games like last time I tried I couldnt play Vice City or anything except Street Hoops. Can someone help me? I tried going inside of it and dusting what little dust was on there which wasnt that much, cleaned the lens, and all that good stuff and it still dont work. :( I need to play me some GTA:SA
Thu 03/03/05 at 10:26
Regular
A few things you can try.
Use a hoover on the vents on the side of the PS2, should remove any dust from inside.
Try playing it in horizontal and vertical mode, might just be the laser not being alligned correctly.

Do you get any error when playing or do they just not load up?

Could be its just knackered, might be worth trying the sony customer service line and trying to blag a free replacement.
Thu 03/03/05 at 12:22
"I dont know."
Im gona try playing it in horizonal vertical way, but when I did play it it had an error sayin no disc or playstation disc or what ever. IF anyone has some ideas or solution please place them here, i be back later I have to go to school.
Thu 03/03/05 at 17:07
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Buy a laser cleaner. I had the same problem with my first PS2 and a laser cleaner sorted it out. Buy a good one though, mine was total crap and it froze up itself most of the time.

Eventually just gave up with the whole thing because the PS2 was unreliable and so was the laser cleaner. Ended up getting another PS2.
Thu 03/03/05 at 20:27
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Your laser is fecked, so either do what Chris said and try a laser cleaner, or simply get a new PS2, as it costs £80 to replace the laser anyway.

This happened to me in the Summer. Just traded in a few games and got a new PS2 for £40.
Thu 03/03/05 at 21:03
"I dont know."
Thanx for the help, ill see what i can do now, my mom said she aint gona buy me a new ps2 I dont think I can get enough money for a ps2 cause they are like $140 for new I dont want a used no tellin what might be wrong with it i guess its time to start selling some games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.