GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ProblemOO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
": ("
Right, i've found out what the problem is...

I have a modem called 'Webstar', this modem needs an update but the problem is that when I go to the link Microsoft gives me I dont know what update to choose. Maybe theres a way I can find out which one to download but I dont know how so...

Help?
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
Right, i've found out what the problem is...

I have a modem called 'Webstar', this modem needs an update but the problem is that when I go to the link Microsoft gives me I dont know what update to choose. Maybe theres a way I can find out which one to download but I dont know how so...

Help?
Wed 02/06/04 at 06:45
Regular
Webstar? Never heard of it. Have you googled for an official website? All drivers/updates would be there.
Wed 02/06/04 at 09:35
Regular
But I dont know what one to download.
Someone here must have Webstar.
Wed 02/06/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Digging!"
Check the bootom of the modem for its type/number. Normally has the stuff there.
Wed 02/06/04 at 13:13
Regular
I'll try that on Saturday cause im round my mates house until then.
He has no broadband.
*cries*
Wed 09/06/04 at 17:21
Regular
Meh.

I know what the problemOO is...

Apparently my Webstar Modem needs to update its driver so it has taken me to their Website to download the driver but theres about 5 downloads for different types of Drivers and I dont know what type mine is.

Also, when I tried downloading one of the drivers it doesn't know what to open the file with.

:-(

Help...
Wed 09/06/04 at 22:06
Regular
"Digging!"
Stridman wrote:
> Meh.
>
> I know what the problemOO is...
>
> Apparently my Webstar Modem needs to update its driver so it has
> taken me to their Website to download the driver but theres about 5
> downloads for different types of Drivers and I dont know what type
> mine is.
>
> Also, when I tried downloading one of the drivers it doesn't know
> what to open the file with.
>
> :-(
>
> Help...

Press the Windows key and Puase Break at once. Click the Hardware tab and click on devce manager. Tghen go to the modems, select your modem, and click the driver tab. Then click update driver. Select install from a specific location, and select the location that you downloaded the Driver to. Windows should do the rest. Thats with XP, if you have a different version post back.
Fri 11/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
Hmmm...

When I clicked on Modems it had something called LT Win Modem, I have know idea what that is but the Modem I have is called Webstar.

The company is actually called Scientific Atlanta I think.
Fri 11/06/04 at 17:11
Regular
I heard that theres something you can do with Firewalls, I dont really know what they are but im sure im supposed to have them disabled, how do I do that?
Fri 11/06/04 at 20:31
Regular
Can anyone help?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.