GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Outlook Express Trouble"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 13:35
"Majestic"
[URL]http://hometown.aol.co.uk/discodexy/myhomepage/nintendo.html[/URL]

Above you can see 2 accounts listed, my local folders, and my Hotmail one that was automatically created. When I try to make a Pipex account it always ends up in the Local Folders account, and doesn’t go into a separate folder like the Hotmail one. Am i doing something wrong? If so please could you help me?

Thanks,
Discodexy
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:35
"Majestic"
[URL]http://hometown.aol.co.uk/discodexy/myhomepage/nintendo.html[/URL]

Above you can see 2 accounts listed, my local folders, and my Hotmail one that was automatically created. When I try to make a Pipex account it always ends up in the Local Folders account, and doesn’t go into a separate folder like the Hotmail one. Am i doing something wrong? If so please could you help me?

Thanks,
Discodexy
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Digging!"
*Boots up Outlook*
*waits...*
*waits...*

Ah, loaded. I don't understand how a program that is using 1% CPU time and almost no RAM, and accesses the HD once can take so long to load, Thunderbird is almost instant.

Right, simple problem, you can't do what you are trying to do. When you check your Pipex email it is stored locally through a POP3 server, and as such is put in the local folders. Hotmail, however, use the "normal" HTTP method for mail, and as such is not local (is say "normal" because almost all mail systems use POP3 or IMAP, as HTTP was designed for web pages, not mail). Sorry, you gunna have to put up with the folder being in the Local Folders.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:32
"Majestic"
Hehe, well thanks anyway. Its a shame though:(
I have thunderbird but you can't send an e-mail straight through word, only outlook supports that.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Digging!"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Hehe, well thanks anyway. Its a shame though:(
> I have thunderbird but you can't send an e-mail straight through
> word, only outlook supports that.

Thunderbird manages that fine on my system. You have to have it set as the default mail client tho. The only annoying thing about Thunderbird is you can't use it to access hotmail as it doesn't support the HTTP system that I think only Hotmail and MSN use anyway.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:41
Regular
"NULL"
I use Outlook 2003 because I can use it for Hotmail + POP3 accounts and to store all my tasks, appointments, contacts etc. But I agree about the loading time - even on a brand new PC it can take 10 seconds to load. I would use a different program if there was one that has everything integrated as well as Outlook does....
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Digging!"
Nimco wrote:
> I use Outlook 2003 because I can use it for Hotmail + POP3 accounts
> and to store all my tasks, appointments, contacts etc. But I agree
> about the loading time - even on a brand new PC it can take 10
> seconds to load. I would use a different program if there was one
> that has everything integrated as well as Outlook does....

I have Outlook as well as Outlook Express, the program we are talking about here, and its useful as a calender, but just use my phone for that, I always have it on me, unlike a PC ; )
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:46
"Majestic"
What about Outlook, not the express version.
I have Outlook XP on my office disk somewhere...
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Digging!"
It's different. You could create your own shortcuts in it which might have the desired effect tho, and it takes a long time to load, bout 15 secs on my 2.4 P4.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:17
Regular
"NULL"
I use my phone for that stuff as well. It's Bluetooth compatible (Sony T610) and my synchronisation software (fLoAt's Mobile Agent) works really well with my phone. It synchs contacts, tasks and appointments, which means I always have a backup on my PC and mobile, so if my PC dies or my phone gets nicked, it's not the end of the world. Very useful.
Wed 02/06/04 at 09:15
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Allred wrote:
> *Boots up Outlook*
> *waits...*
> *waits...*
>
> Ah, loaded. I don't understand how a program that is using 1% CPU
> time and almost no RAM, and accesses the HD once can take so long to
> load, Thunderbird is almost instant.

Have you disabled windows messenger?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.