GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Derren Brown Scéance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 00:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
Very very very smart stuff.

The man is a genius.

I'm sure he fkkued up a couple of people in the filming of that, though.

Good TV.

I am however, convinced that he had at least one mole in there, at least one person knew what was happening. I think it was the woman who was the acting medium because she knew the details like the train to london and harry the cat. And the letter could not have been scribbled up as she said it all, because the letter was in that womans' pocket.

I jst want to know how derren got that first woman in the 'spirit chamber' to knock off the tambourine, assuming she isn't a mole.

Good TV.
Tue 01/06/04 at 00:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
Very very very smart stuff.

The man is a genius.

I'm sure he fkkued up a couple of people in the filming of that, though.

Good TV.

I am however, convinced that he had at least one mole in there, at least one person knew what was happening. I think it was the woman who was the acting medium because she knew the details like the train to london and harry the cat. And the letter could not have been scribbled up as she said it all, because the letter was in that womans' pocket.

I jst want to know how derren got that first woman in the 'spirit chamber' to knock off the tambourine, assuming she isn't a mole.

Good TV.
Tue 01/06/04 at 01:23
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
They're all damn moles...
Tue 01/06/04 at 06:26
Regular
I was looking forward to this ever since seeing the ad. Needless to say I was muchos disappointed - it was so damn fake!

Come on! The tambourine bit? Anyone can deny throwing it when it's clear that they did. The ouija board? Spooky or staged? The bloody bit where you are looking at the 12 photos was a bit clever, but I still saw through it - no matter which pic you started on, you were guaranteed to end up on Jane's picture - if you taped it, go back and check!

The whole 'London' writing thing? Come on, it's the first bloody City you think about! If the target City was something like Castleford or Newcastle Upon Tyne, the chances of getting it right would drop drastically...

The séance? I saw right through this bit. Special Effects are best pulled off in the dark. All you need is some 'invisible wire' to make the trophy and ball move - it doesn't take a genius to work that out.

That girl channelling the spirit? Mole. And how convenient was it that the answers she gave were highlighted in the 'letter'?

I really couldn't believe how transparent this show was. Derren Brown's experiments are usually very good, but this was soooo predictable it was embarrasing.

Oh, and if they were talking to 'Jane', why the hell was she sat in a van just outside the building??!?

That confirms it was all faked. An illusion to demonstrate how a real séance would work.

Finally, the bloody viewers calling in! Hahahahahahaha they were hilarious! "My wardrobe jerked man, it jerked, it woz scareh!" People seriously let themselves get far too engrossed in this stuff and let the slightest natural movements fill their pantaloons.

Fake. And a serious disappointment.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:21
Regular
"lets go back"
I dont think you understand the idea of the show. It was supposed to be fake. He used his phsycological trickery to fool the people into thinking the seance was real. It was an example of how mediums in the victorian times (or whenever) did it too.

The pictures where arranged in a way that you would pick Jane but rather than the 12 idiots on the show noticing that thay assumed it was a spirit.

He said about the wine glass and that they subconsciesly move it.

The girl who was the medium probably wasnt a mole. Derren has done loads of tricks where he plants a thought in someones mind so it was just that trick but from a different perspective.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:45
Regular
Yeah, maybe it was more obvious than what I perceived, but still, he didn't say it was a fake (unless he said it in the first couple of minutes - of which I missed) so I went on the assumption this was a real séance he was carrying out.

That's when my sceptical, cynical mode kicked in and I was just out to spot the flaws.

Meh, it was still a disappointment.
Tue 01/06/04 at 10:10
Regular
"The Red Shift"
he said at the very end:

i want you to know that im a psychological illusionist and as you know i perform tricks. everything done tonight has been a trick, such as leading you to the only possible photo. the ouija board works by you all mentally thinking that you push it towards the letter you want without you noticing it. so are you all alright, cos there's 1 more thing.

or words very close to those.

2 things let me down:

1) he changed one of the guys on the ouija board that was defending or pushing towards the J. after they finished, he was one of the 2 that didn't go for jane. (idiot, he screwed up the photo technique)

2) holly mentioned that jane's dad was a builder. in the letter a completely non-sequitur line just happened to come up that her father was a builder in no context towards it at all.

apart from the fact it was a bunch of very impressionable people, in a relatively scary place. WHAT A BUNCH OF GIRLS!

worth watching i guess.
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Definite hypnotism at work in the early stages (behind the curtain). I don't know if he's an expert at speed-hypnotism or he did it before the show, but there's no doubt about it.
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:11
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Bullett, I suggest you try and get to watch Derren live, its honestly worth it. He picks people at random from the audience by throwing a ball into the audience which is passed around for a while by throwing it until somebody has it. He then uses the person/people and does the same thing, clearly without stooges. Then again, there was only a sort of mini Seance at the live show I went to. The show last night was nothing too special.
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:15
Regular
If there's ever one up in Leeds, I'll check it out. I'm really a fan of is work. He's great in his field, I just felt last night's show wasn't all that. It didn't feel like a proper Derren Brown experiment to me...
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I agree, the actual live thing is amazing, though I felt a couple of his television experiments were a bit weak, Russian Roulette espescially. But yeah, see him live if you get an opportunity, the man is a genius.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.