GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I only dream in Black and White..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 22:31
Regular
After looking at B&W previews, i am thinking of getting it. But two things are in my way.

1. My PC isn't good enough, but i can upgrade it... well not for a while

2. Is it really that good?

Even though it is the only PC game i really want (the rest of mine i would like to have, not want) I would like from you good people at FOG to tell me. (truthly) What are its good points, and what are its bad points. And from that i can use my jugement in wether or not to buy it.

Thanks

Mr. Dark
Sun 22/04/01 at 18:34
AS good/ long post! :)

But has anyone notice that alot of my forums have been taking form Iron Maiden lyrics? Hear are the ones that are for Maiden songs...

I only dream in black and white
Have you ever felt the future is the past?
Brave New World (song title and album title)

I think there is a few more, but i can't think of them at the mo.
Sun 22/04/01 at 14:08
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I got my copy og B&W last Wednesday (cheers SR! :) )...

And, as far as I'm concerned it is definitly one of the best games ever...

Although, you do have to be prepared to put the time into the game...

For the first few hours of playing I thought it was pretty cool, loads of fun... but a little overhyped...

Some of the quests on the first level are a little annoying... but are in the long run very useful...

After playing for a few hours more... and visiting a couple of community sites, I stared to get the feel of the game and really stared to get into it...

However... after a few hours more :) ... once I had figured out pretty much all of the games basics, for looking after the Titan, how to take over villages, keep villagers happy...

I started again to get the feeling that B&W was a fantastic game, definitly (alike Populous before) the sort of game to spawn a new genre... which, in a game world filled with RTS and FPS is quite a breath of fresh air...

I didnt think it would keep me playing to the bitter end... as Deus Ex did, or keep me comming back for skirmish games... as the original C&C did...

Although, still with the novelty I kept playing... and the enourmous number of little aspects within the game... not only the novelty aspects for the tricks your chreature does... but, in the main, the aspects of the gameplay, and quests, and your villegers, which you cant really see until your fully comfotable with the title...

Essentially, what I'm saying is.. if your prepared to make the effort in the game, then in the long run its well worth it...

However, if your after a smaller quicker gaming fixes, then your might be better better off looking for something else...

Is it me or would B&W work fantastically with a VR helmet and a powerglove or two (a proper power glove not the old Nintendo one :) )
Sat 21/04/01 at 20:22
My banjo tooie review is good, go read that!
Sat 21/04/01 at 20:21
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I entered a review about it a while ago.

Or did I. Might have to check that!!
Sat 21/04/01 at 09:54
Regular
It depends on how hard earnt your cash is.

:-)
Sat 21/04/01 at 09:47
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
I know its hyped, and a lot of people say its the best game ever, but should I use my hard earnt cash on it?
Sat 21/04/01 at 09:46
Its good being able to do what you want but has it's flaws!
Sat 21/04/01 at 09:40
Regular
When i first got B&W i though it was great. You could do anything you wanted to. But after a while I was like "Ok, so what do i do now?"

I think it's a game you need to put a lot of time into.

If you can play it a lot to start of with, you really get into it and it is a great game.
Sat 21/04/01 at 08:43
black and white gets repetitve: over take a village then over take another.....
Fri 20/04/01 at 23:18
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I'm in the Console wars and game ideas a lot of the time.

Take a look
: - )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.