GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The ultimate in RPG's"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 22:11
Regular
What does RPG mean? It means Role Playing Game, where you take on the role or take part in a role play. Well in this game I thought about you take on the ultimate role of being a 12-15 year old year old and play through their entire lives. So is that taking on a role or what?

You start the game by selecting one of the three files on the cartridge, then select if you are female or male then your age (12, 13, 14, 15).

Then you will go to a creation screen like on the wrestling mode, create a superstar, here you will design what you will look like although this could change throughout what happens in the game. You then design and create your parents or guardian.

Until you pass the stage of fifteen in the game you will be able to have complete control over the main character which would be the person you created first and only partial control over your parents like how they will buy or have their house built but sadly not how much pocket money or what they buy (there would probably be a cheat for these type of things).

So you start of at your selected age but I would suggest starting at twelve because then the game will last longer. The years of your character will not pass in real time, but you can select if you want that the game will carry on in time, or stop once the game is turned of. The hours in the game would be approximatley one minute in real time.
During the game as you progress you can make important descisons or not so important descisions like when you do your homework (no way), if your character is going to behave or not, or if you want to save up your pocket money and go down to the mall and buy a Playstation 2 or new clothes and stuff, it would be up to you.

As you go through the game you will watch your character get older and the same with your parents, and eventually they will die. Also by the time your character is sixteen you can decide if he wants to quit school or go on to college. But you could try different descisions and find out the outcome by starting another file or saving to memory pak. Also if you start another file you can make your parents look however they want when the game starts but the way they act would be totally random.

In this game you would act like it was really life and you could go into a first person view and see what exactly your character is seeing or your parents so you can look for improvements from their point of view. And you can also get your character interested in different hobbies and once he is old enough in the game you can pop down to the local night club and watch a bit of go go dancing.

If you have saved up enough or your parents decide to buy you a PC you could even go on the internet in a first person view and go on Gameaday an enter the competiton and win. Or play Playstation or Nintendo games in the same way.

This game would be compatible with a memory pak for any extra saves you would want, rumble pak and would be up to two players but I think that this game, if produced would have to be on a future console because AI would have to be improved.

The two player option wouldn't be the most exciting because the first player would control himself and the second would control anyone nearby and control conversations and thinking this could also be a cheat to use your mom and dad to your advantage but only if you had a decent friend.

There you have it my idea for an RPG.
Wed 23/05/01 at 00:01
Sounds good but the level of detail you talk abou tthe game would have a 207Gig Install
Sun 22/04/01 at 11:21
Regular
"( . ) ( . )"
Cool!
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:11
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
What does RPG mean? It means Role Playing Game, where you take on the role or take part in a role play. Well in this game I thought about you take on the ultimate role of being a 12-15 year old year old and play through their entire lives. So is that taking on a role or what?

You start the game by selecting one of the three files on the cartridge, then select if you are female or male then your age (12, 13, 14, 15).

Then you will go to a creation screen like on the wrestling mode, create a superstar, here you will design what you will look like although this could change throughout what happens in the game. You then design and create your parents or guardian.

Until you pass the stage of fifteen in the game you will be able to have complete control over the main character which would be the person you created first and only partial control over your parents like how they will buy or have their house built but sadly not how much pocket money or what they buy (there would probably be a cheat for these type of things).

So you start of at your selected age but I would suggest starting at twelve because then the game will last longer. The years of your character will not pass in real time, but you can select if you want that the game will carry on in time, or stop once the game is turned of. The hours in the game would be approximatley one minute in real time.
During the game as you progress you can make important descisons or not so important descisions like when you do your homework (no way), if your character is going to behave or not, or if you want to save up your pocket money and go down to the mall and buy a Playstation 2 or new clothes and stuff, it would be up to you.

As you go through the game you will watch your character get older and the same with your parents, and eventually they will die. Also by the time your character is sixteen you can decide if he wants to quit school or go on to college. But you could try different descisions and find out the outcome by starting another file or saving to memory pak. Also if you start another file you can make your parents look however they want when the game starts but the way they act would be totally random.

In this game you would act like it was really life and you could go into a first person view and see what exactly your character is seeing or your parents so you can look for improvements from their point of view. And you can also get your character interested in different hobbies and once he is old enough in the game you can pop down to the local night club and watch a bit of go go dancing.

If you have saved up enough or your parents decide to buy you a PC you could even go on the internet in a first person view and go on Gameaday an enter the competiton and win. Or play Playstation or Nintendo games in the same way.

This game would be compatible with a memory pak for any extra saves you would want, rumble pak and would be up to two players but I think that this game, if produced would have to be on a future console because AI would have to be improved.

The two player option wouldn't be the most exciting because the first player would control himself and the second would control anyone nearby and control conversations and thinking this could also be a cheat to use your mom and dad to your advantage but only if you had a decent friend.

There you have it my idea for an RPG.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.