GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Xbox Live question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/03/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Loosecannon"
Hi Everyone, I am new here.

I am considering getting a Xbox Live, I have an Pc with a eTEC USB ADSL Modem and my ISP is Freeola, Will I be able to use these?

Will I have to get a router plus what other cables will I need.

I will appectiate help.
Fri 20/05/05 at 20:05
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exactly the same as my setup.
Zero lag and I can now be completely bested at Halo2
Fri 20/05/05 at 19:56
Regular
"Loosecannon"
Thank you for help everyone, I am now on XBox Live. :)

Just in case you are interested, I have a Netware Wireless ADSL Firewall Router connected to my PC and a Linksys Wireless-B Rthernet Bridge connected to my XBox. This works rather well.
Wed 06/04/05 at 22:28
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Lcn wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Should I be able to connect my Pc to a Xbox Live?

As long as you have an ethernet port of some kind on your PC, then it'll work.

Make sure it's a crossover cable though, unless you decide on direct connection, whereby you obviously need a direct connection cable.

I have no idea what you need if you use a router.
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
A router is far easier.
Wed 06/04/05 at 21:09
Regular
"Craziest Col"
I simply suggest a adsl modem/reuter.

You will be much better off, [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104857&forumid=130[/URL] for reccomendations and how to.
Wed 06/04/05 at 19:17
Regular
"Loosecannon"
Thanks for your help.

I have not got a network card, so if I get a 4 Port USB Micro Hub For PC, Crossover Network Cat 5 UTP Lead / Cable (10 Metres, USB To Ethernet Network Adapter (all these items are from special reserve) plus a ethernet cable from elsewere, Should I be able to connect my Pc to a Xbox Live?
Sat 05/03/05 at 09:56
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
The easiest and cheapest way to set up LIVE is to use ICS, Internet Connection Sharing.

This involves plugging your XBox into the ethernet port on your Network Card using (wait for it) an Ethernet cable. Then you can just set up a Network using the Wizard thing, and then, as long as your PC is turned on and connected to Broadband, you can play LIVE.

A 5m Cable costs £1.50 on ebay.

You can buy a router and stuff, but it's a lot of money when you can just turn your PC on.
Sat 05/03/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Loosecannon"
Hi Everyone, I am new here.

I am considering getting a Xbox Live, I have an Pc with a eTEC USB ADSL Modem and my ISP is Freeola, Will I be able to use these?

Will I have to get a router plus what other cables will I need.

I will appectiate help.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.