GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Contract Phone Help Needed"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/05/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Ive spent about £40 in the last 2 weeks on texting, so my Dad ses he'll get me a contact phone if I find a good deal.

Ive heard about this thing where your parents pay a certain amount and then the user has to top it up if they wanna go over the limit. I dunno who does this, so any help is appreciated if any1 knows about it.

Anyways, I would like a contract that focuses primarily on texting, seeing as Id never ever use "100000000 inclusive minutes" that seem to be the big thing everywhere.

Something like a few hundred texts per month would be fine. Mainly, what I would like is to budget it @ £20 no more with a good phone. Id be willing to sell my current one, so no more than £50 for the handset on the contract.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:00
Regular
"Nobody Home"
Ive spent about £40 in the last 2 weeks on texting, so my Dad ses he'll get me a contact phone if I find a good deal.

Ive heard about this thing where your parents pay a certain amount and then the user has to top it up if they wanna go over the limit. I dunno who does this, so any help is appreciated if any1 knows about it.

Anyways, I would like a contract that focuses primarily on texting, seeing as Id never ever use "100000000 inclusive minutes" that seem to be the big thing everywhere.

Something like a few hundred texts per month would be fine. Mainly, what I would like is to budget it @ £20 no more with a good phone. Id be willing to sell my current one, so no more than £50 for the handset on the contract.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:11
Regular
"SOUP!"
You want o2 text 300 matey.

It's NOT a contract though, which is sexy, because there are no ties.

Basically as long as you top up £10 a month, o2 give you 300 FREE texts on top of your £10 credit.

This should last you the month I reckon, even if you are texting in abundance.

The sim card will cost you £10 at the moment from the o2 website, which I could link you to if I wasnt a lazy, lazy man.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:22
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The offer involving set limits is also from T-Mobile, I think. I don't own a mobile, so I can't be of much help, but it looks like O2 offer a lot of free text options (Along with others) with the 'Bolt Ons', if the TV adverts are to be believed.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Nobody Home"
/me checks out t-mobile.

The idea is, I get contract, my Dad pays. I save money & get a new decent phone. I was thinking of the bolt-ons, but I think contract wud be better. Ive seen with orange I get 3000 free texts and reasonably priced calls for £20 p/m.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:44
Regular
"SOUP!"
Well just disregard everything I spent 5 minutes typing you ungrateful little traggot.
Sun 30/05/04 at 11:09
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'm with vodafone who do an online 100 monthly contract for £15
100 free minutes each month that carry over and you get a decent phone for free as well as a certain amount of free use off the vodafone live service and off texts. Believe you can also add extras to get more free texts a month if you pay a bit more each month.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.