GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What about a short story forum."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 13:23
Regular
People could share short gaming stories.

Heres one.

The rain was coming down hard as Link entered the small cottage, he pushed the door which creaked slowly open. “Hello” called Link, there was no answer. A flash of lightening lit up the once crow black room of nothing to an amazing room full of mystical vases with potions swirling inside as if trying to break out. The lightening soon faded and Link longed to find out what else inhabited this enchanted cottage. He lit a Deku stick. Which provided little light, but still enough to help him find his way through the cottage. Link checked each room and found that he was alone. “Someone must live here because the place is still full of items, but who would be out in this kind of weather,” thought Link to himself. Link was just 14 but was a skilled fighter, he had a beautifully polished sword in which was held tightly with his belt, his shield had its own special holder rather like a ruck sack which hung from his shoulders. He had leather brown boots with short green trousers, a green top and a green hat with slits for his lengthy ears. Link sat down in one of the armchairs, the rain was hitting hard on the windows and flashes of lightening continued randomly timed.
Suddenly the rain, thunder and lightening stopped, Link jumped to his feet in disbelief of how a storm could just stop like that. He walked to the window the sky was totally clear, and soft cushion like clouds were randomly scattered over it. He ran quickly to the door, as he opened it a stream of blinding light lit the cottage once again. As he took his first step on the cobbled walkway Link realised for the first time that he was no longer in the middle of the dingy thick wood surrounded by trees with reaching branches. The trees surrounding him now seemed so tame and beautiful. He reached down for his sword and released it from his side for reassurance as he was shaking. He slowly began to follow the cobbled walkway in which was beautifully clean, still clutching his sword tightly in his hands. The walkway took a sharp turn to reveal a huge town of cottages and houses, with loads of people taking to their daily business. There was two gorillas walking side by side, chatting to one another. One large in size but the other was no bigger than Link. Two men were walking close behind, one short and stumpy wearing red with the letter ‘M’ imprinted on the front of his hat. The other man was quite the opposite, he was thin and very tall, he was dressed all in green from head to toe with the letter ‘L’ imprinted on his hat. There was even a huge white glove appearing from the entranceway to a shop. As Link walked on in curiosity if nothing else, he saw a small bear, it had a blue rucksack in which there seemed to be a red bird sitting comfortably in. Behind the counter was a large lizard dressed in a nice black suit like that on James Bond. Link walked on in total disbelief, to find a large white suit with what looked like worm in side standing directly in front of him. He had a red ray gun pointing at Link. Link stopped dead, gulped and saw many more of the weird town folk bounding towards him with incredibly threatening looks on all of their faces. Link panicked and lashed out, he span a whole 360 degrees and in one smooth movement he swiped the ray gun out of the worms grasp. All of the villagers jumped back in amazement, some had just blinked and mist it all. But for those that saw it they were impressed but worried at what this strange green child was capable of doing. Link looked each of the townsfolk in the eye before speaking “ I mean you no harm” said Link finally. “ I don’t even know how I got here one minute I was searching for shelter from the terrible storm, I found it in that lovely cottage up there, but no sooner had I sat down then the storm just stopped and I ended up her, any way where the hell is this place”. Said Link in one full breath.
“This is ‘Game Domain’ it is a parallel dimension to the earth and that cottage is the only portal. We are just a small town”. Said one man pushing through the crowd. “I am Turok” he said, “I am the leader of this town and it is down to me to do all I can to protect my people”.
“My name is Link and am willing to do all I can to help you and your townsfolk, if you in turn help me get back to my own world.” replied Link triumphantly. “We would be so very grateful for you to do so, with great sword skills like that I would be honoured if you could teach us.” Said Turok enthusiastically. “It would also be an honour to do so, so I guess what I’m getting at is yes I would love to teach you all to fight. But I will warn you now that it isn’t going to be easy and you will need to be fully committed”. Link replied. “Then for tonight I would like to announce a party in the main hall in your honour, all will attend and it will begin tonight at eight o-clock. But for now follow ‘Earth worm Jim’ to your sleeping quarters,” said Turok before he left to his house. Link did as he was told and followed ‘Earth worm Jim’, The house was truly grand and a huge look of pleasure and astonishment appeared on Link’s face. “If that is all, I shall have to be leaving to get ready for the party”. Said ‘Earth worm Jim’. “Y.Y.Yes um, sorry its just that I’ve never seen such a huge house” replied Link. “ You think this is big, you wait ‘till you see Turoks” said ‘Earth worm Jim’ shutting the door behind him to leave Link in his pool of joy. Link sprinted throughout the whole house spiralling in amazement. When he opened the cupboard in the bedroom it was empty. He turned to look at the bed. As he looked back at the cupboard, there were stacks of clothes. Some hung up some piled on the floor. Some green, some red, some were even purple. Link dived into the pool of clothes to find the ones he most preferred. He finally settled for and dark forest green top with matching bottoms. A dark red hat with swords imprinted on the sides. And a pair of brand new brown leather boots. By the time Link had got fully changed it was 7:40, so Link set off straight away to give him enough time to find the main hall. When Link left the house he set off straight down the alley in front of him. It was dark so he lit a deku stick and held it out in front of him. It lit up the whole alley, it was beautifully clean and there wasn’t a piece of dirt or rubbish anywhere. The whole floor was cream white and the walls were painted to match. As Link got to the end of the alley he turned a corner to find a huge square, shops were littered all around. In the centre of the square was the main hall. The lights where on inside, but there was no sound what so ever. Link edged slowly closer to the door. He reached out for the knob. But the door suddenly swung open before he was even able to touch it. Suddenly a burst of music shot out of the door and rang loud in his ears. He looked in side, there were hundreds of people dancing and chatting. Every-one seemed to be having a good time. Turok appeared in front of Link, he pulled Link in and quickly slammed the door behind him. “We’ve had Gruntilda put a spell on the hall so that when all the doors are shut then no sound can be heard outside, but as soon as any of the doors open, the sound will travel throughout the land. If King Bowser hears us he will surly set fire to the whole town while we’re of guard and have us all burned alive”. Shouted Turok with Link only just managing to hear over the music. “That’s horrible, who is this King Bowser you speak of? ” Shouted Link. “Bowser is King of this world, and with his huge army no-one dares to even try to stand up to him. We are under constant threat from him, he has conquered just about every village and town in the world accept ours, because we aren’t going down without a fight.” Replied Turok. At that moment a beautiful girl came up to them both, “Come on Dad stop scarring the lad, you need to loosen up a bit more.” She said in her beautiful voice. Link froze at her beauty, he had never seen any one so pretty in his life. “Yes all right love all right, Oh where are my manners, This is my Daughter Princess Peach” He said looking at Link, then he looked at Peach. “ This is Link” My isn’t he handsome”
She said flirtishly. Link took the opportunity to take her hand, bow down, and kiss it softly. “ Would you care to dance?” He asked. “Why I’d love to” She replied. Peach was a truly beautiful young girl the same age as Link. She was dressed in a lovely pink dress from head to toe. She had thick natural blonde hair, which hung loosely down passed her shoulders. The two of them danced the whole night and never even took their eyes off of each other.

Link woke early next morning and got dressed hurriedly to get out-side way before every-one else even got up, to set a good example for his students. When he opened the door and stepped out he found every town member there dressed for training awaiting orders with eagerness to learn. Link was astounded, but he pretended not to be and began with their first training section. They began with an assault coarse which was very tiring. Then they went into a long run, which was timed, and they would have to beat each day or they would have to do fifty sit-ups and twenty press-ups. They then had a break for ten minutes to catch their breath and get ready for the next part of their training, which was weapon skills. They did one hours training with swords which Link conducted, another hours training with staffs which Gabrielle and Donotello conducted, an hours training with ray guns which Earth Worm Jim conducted, and to complete their days training an hours training with the bow and arrows which Link also conducted. They did this same training section twice a day for the next two weeks.

Link woke to a knocking on his door, he went down the stairs and opened the door to find Turok at the door puffing and panting. “What’s wrong” said Link. “ It’s Bowser, he sent Ganondorf a powerful magician to kidnap Peach” he said hurriedly. “He left a note saying if we don’t bow down to Bowser then he’ll kill Peach.” “ That’s horrible we must go and stop him,” cried Link. Link grabbed his sword and shield and ran out the door. The whole town was there ready for battle. On the far hill you could just make out Bowser and his evil army, on their way for the town to surrender. Link and Turok stood together at the front of the army awaiting Bowser. “ Are you ready to surrender peacefully or are we going to need to use force” boomed Bowser loudly. “ We shall never surrender to you filth” said Turok angrily starring Bowser in the eye. Bowser laughed, “ Well I guess that means option two” Bowser pulled Peach out from the crowd behind him. “ Here’s your precious princess” “ Let her go” screamed Link. Link pulled his sword out and raised it in the air, “ Charge” he bellowed. Both armies drew their weapons and charged at each other locking in battle. Turok tore his enemies apart one by one edging slowly closer to Bowser. Link was battling Ganondorf who was shooting fireballs at Link in extreme quick succession. Mario and Luigi were working together. Earthworm Jim was shooting any bad guy he saw. But already they were loosing. Bowser’s army was just too strong. But then Gruntilda set fire to a little trench, which surrounded all of the archers. The archers then lit their arrows and fired them straight at Bowser’s army, who were now falling like flies. Bowser was nearly defeated. Link and Ganondorf battled on, Ganondorf fired an ice ball at Link, but Link used his mirror shield, which reflected the attack back at Ganondorf who froze dead. Link then took a Deku stick, lit it and watched Ganon melt to a liquid, which sunk deep into the soil. Mario and Luigi were battling the evil Bowser who swung his razor sharp sword, which plunged deep into Mario’s stomach, “ MARIO” Screamed Luigi running towards Mario. Bowser swung once more this time taking Luigi. Turok the jumped in from behind, him and Link then worked together eventually killing Bowser when Turok slashed Bowser’s arm and Link jumped up and swiped Bowser’s head clean off. Bowser was defeated and what was left of the townsfolk cheered and rejoiced. The next week was spent burying the dead bodies. A banquet was held the next evening where Link asked Princess Peach “ Will you marry me?” “Of coarse not” “What?” “Don’t be silly I’m only fourteen, I’ll go out with you though” she replied. “ Oh, okay” said Link grinning, they both lent towards each other and kissed.

Fri 20/04/01 at 13:23
People could share short gaming stories.

Heres one.

The rain was coming down hard as Link entered the small cottage, he pushed the door which creaked slowly open. “Hello” called Link, there was no answer. A flash of lightening lit up the once crow black room of nothing to an amazing room full of mystical vases with potions swirling inside as if trying to break out. The lightening soon faded and Link longed to find out what else inhabited this enchanted cottage. He lit a Deku stick. Which provided little light, but still enough to help him find his way through the cottage. Link checked each room and found that he was alone. “Someone must live here because the place is still full of items, but who would be out in this kind of weather,” thought Link to himself. Link was just 14 but was a skilled fighter, he had a beautifully polished sword in which was held tightly with his belt, his shield had its own special holder rather like a ruck sack which hung from his shoulders. He had leather brown boots with short green trousers, a green top and a green hat with slits for his lengthy ears. Link sat down in one of the armchairs, the rain was hitting hard on the windows and flashes of lightening continued randomly timed.
Suddenly the rain, thunder and lightening stopped, Link jumped to his feet in disbelief of how a storm could just stop like that. He walked to the window the sky was totally clear, and soft cushion like clouds were randomly scattered over it. He ran quickly to the door, as he opened it a stream of blinding light lit the cottage once again. As he took his first step on the cobbled walkway Link realised for the first time that he was no longer in the middle of the dingy thick wood surrounded by trees with reaching branches. The trees surrounding him now seemed so tame and beautiful. He reached down for his sword and released it from his side for reassurance as he was shaking. He slowly began to follow the cobbled walkway in which was beautifully clean, still clutching his sword tightly in his hands. The walkway took a sharp turn to reveal a huge town of cottages and houses, with loads of people taking to their daily business. There was two gorillas walking side by side, chatting to one another. One large in size but the other was no bigger than Link. Two men were walking close behind, one short and stumpy wearing red with the letter ‘M’ imprinted on the front of his hat. The other man was quite the opposite, he was thin and very tall, he was dressed all in green from head to toe with the letter ‘L’ imprinted on his hat. There was even a huge white glove appearing from the entranceway to a shop. As Link walked on in curiosity if nothing else, he saw a small bear, it had a blue rucksack in which there seemed to be a red bird sitting comfortably in. Behind the counter was a large lizard dressed in a nice black suit like that on James Bond. Link walked on in total disbelief, to find a large white suit with what looked like worm in side standing directly in front of him. He had a red ray gun pointing at Link. Link stopped dead, gulped and saw many more of the weird town folk bounding towards him with incredibly threatening looks on all of their faces. Link panicked and lashed out, he span a whole 360 degrees and in one smooth movement he swiped the ray gun out of the worms grasp. All of the villagers jumped back in amazement, some had just blinked and mist it all. But for those that saw it they were impressed but worried at what this strange green child was capable of doing. Link looked each of the townsfolk in the eye before speaking “ I mean you no harm” said Link finally. “ I don’t even know how I got here one minute I was searching for shelter from the terrible storm, I found it in that lovely cottage up there, but no sooner had I sat down then the storm just stopped and I ended up her, any way where the hell is this place”. Said Link in one full breath.
“This is ‘Game Domain’ it is a parallel dimension to the earth and that cottage is the only portal. We are just a small town”. Said one man pushing through the crowd. “I am Turok” he said, “I am the leader of this town and it is down to me to do all I can to protect my people”.
“My name is Link and am willing to do all I can to help you and your townsfolk, if you in turn help me get back to my own world.” replied Link triumphantly. “We would be so very grateful for you to do so, with great sword skills like that I would be honoured if you could teach us.” Said Turok enthusiastically. “It would also be an honour to do so, so I guess what I’m getting at is yes I would love to teach you all to fight. But I will warn you now that it isn’t going to be easy and you will need to be fully committed”. Link replied. “Then for tonight I would like to announce a party in the main hall in your honour, all will attend and it will begin tonight at eight o-clock. But for now follow ‘Earth worm Jim’ to your sleeping quarters,” said Turok before he left to his house. Link did as he was told and followed ‘Earth worm Jim’, The house was truly grand and a huge look of pleasure and astonishment appeared on Link’s face. “If that is all, I shall have to be leaving to get ready for the party”. Said ‘Earth worm Jim’. “Y.Y.Yes um, sorry its just that I’ve never seen such a huge house” replied Link. “ You think this is big, you wait ‘till you see Turoks” said ‘Earth worm Jim’ shutting the door behind him to leave Link in his pool of joy. Link sprinted throughout the whole house spiralling in amazement. When he opened the cupboard in the bedroom it was empty. He turned to look at the bed. As he looked back at the cupboard, there were stacks of clothes. Some hung up some piled on the floor. Some green, some red, some were even purple. Link dived into the pool of clothes to find the ones he most preferred. He finally settled for and dark forest green top with matching bottoms. A dark red hat with swords imprinted on the sides. And a pair of brand new brown leather boots. By the time Link had got fully changed it was 7:40, so Link set off straight away to give him enough time to find the main hall. When Link left the house he set off straight down the alley in front of him. It was dark so he lit a deku stick and held it out in front of him. It lit up the whole alley, it was beautifully clean and there wasn’t a piece of dirt or rubbish anywhere. The whole floor was cream white and the walls were painted to match. As Link got to the end of the alley he turned a corner to find a huge square, shops were littered all around. In the centre of the square was the main hall. The lights where on inside, but there was no sound what so ever. Link edged slowly closer to the door. He reached out for the knob. But the door suddenly swung open before he was even able to touch it. Suddenly a burst of music shot out of the door and rang loud in his ears. He looked in side, there were hundreds of people dancing and chatting. Every-one seemed to be having a good time. Turok appeared in front of Link, he pulled Link in and quickly slammed the door behind him. “We’ve had Gruntilda put a spell on the hall so that when all the doors are shut then no sound can be heard outside, but as soon as any of the doors open, the sound will travel throughout the land. If King Bowser hears us he will surly set fire to the whole town while we’re of guard and have us all burned alive”. Shouted Turok with Link only just managing to hear over the music. “That’s horrible, who is this King Bowser you speak of? ” Shouted Link. “Bowser is King of this world, and with his huge army no-one dares to even try to stand up to him. We are under constant threat from him, he has conquered just about every village and town in the world accept ours, because we aren’t going down without a fight.” Replied Turok. At that moment a beautiful girl came up to them both, “Come on Dad stop scarring the lad, you need to loosen up a bit more.” She said in her beautiful voice. Link froze at her beauty, he had never seen any one so pretty in his life. “Yes all right love all right, Oh where are my manners, This is my Daughter Princess Peach” He said looking at Link, then he looked at Peach. “ This is Link” My isn’t he handsome”
She said flirtishly. Link took the opportunity to take her hand, bow down, and kiss it softly. “ Would you care to dance?” He asked. “Why I’d love to” She replied. Peach was a truly beautiful young girl the same age as Link. She was dressed in a lovely pink dress from head to toe. She had thick natural blonde hair, which hung loosely down passed her shoulders. The two of them danced the whole night and never even took their eyes off of each other.

Link woke early next morning and got dressed hurriedly to get out-side way before every-one else even got up, to set a good example for his students. When he opened the door and stepped out he found every town member there dressed for training awaiting orders with eagerness to learn. Link was astounded, but he pretended not to be and began with their first training section. They began with an assault coarse which was very tiring. Then they went into a long run, which was timed, and they would have to beat each day or they would have to do fifty sit-ups and twenty press-ups. They then had a break for ten minutes to catch their breath and get ready for the next part of their training, which was weapon skills. They did one hours training with swords which Link conducted, another hours training with staffs which Gabrielle and Donotello conducted, an hours training with ray guns which Earth Worm Jim conducted, and to complete their days training an hours training with the bow and arrows which Link also conducted. They did this same training section twice a day for the next two weeks.

Link woke to a knocking on his door, he went down the stairs and opened the door to find Turok at the door puffing and panting. “What’s wrong” said Link. “ It’s Bowser, he sent Ganondorf a powerful magician to kidnap Peach” he said hurriedly. “He left a note saying if we don’t bow down to Bowser then he’ll kill Peach.” “ That’s horrible we must go and stop him,” cried Link. Link grabbed his sword and shield and ran out the door. The whole town was there ready for battle. On the far hill you could just make out Bowser and his evil army, on their way for the town to surrender. Link and Turok stood together at the front of the army awaiting Bowser. “ Are you ready to surrender peacefully or are we going to need to use force” boomed Bowser loudly. “ We shall never surrender to you filth” said Turok angrily starring Bowser in the eye. Bowser laughed, “ Well I guess that means option two” Bowser pulled Peach out from the crowd behind him. “ Here’s your precious princess” “ Let her go” screamed Link. Link pulled his sword out and raised it in the air, “ Charge” he bellowed. Both armies drew their weapons and charged at each other locking in battle. Turok tore his enemies apart one by one edging slowly closer to Bowser. Link was battling Ganondorf who was shooting fireballs at Link in extreme quick succession. Mario and Luigi were working together. Earthworm Jim was shooting any bad guy he saw. But already they were loosing. Bowser’s army was just too strong. But then Gruntilda set fire to a little trench, which surrounded all of the archers. The archers then lit their arrows and fired them straight at Bowser’s army, who were now falling like flies. Bowser was nearly defeated. Link and Ganondorf battled on, Ganondorf fired an ice ball at Link, but Link used his mirror shield, which reflected the attack back at Ganondorf who froze dead. Link then took a Deku stick, lit it and watched Ganon melt to a liquid, which sunk deep into the soil. Mario and Luigi were battling the evil Bowser who swung his razor sharp sword, which plunged deep into Mario’s stomach, “ MARIO” Screamed Luigi running towards Mario. Bowser swung once more this time taking Luigi. Turok the jumped in from behind, him and Link then worked together eventually killing Bowser when Turok slashed Bowser’s arm and Link jumped up and swiped Bowser’s head clean off. Bowser was defeated and what was left of the townsfolk cheered and rejoiced. The next week was spent burying the dead bodies. A banquet was held the next evening where Link asked Princess Peach “ Will you marry me?” “Of coarse not” “What?” “Don’t be silly I’m only fourteen, I’ll go out with you though” she replied. “ Oh, okay” said Link grinning, they both lent towards each other and kissed.

Fri 20/04/01 at 13:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Short story?
Fri 20/04/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The rain fell in a soft mist as he sat on the floor, cross-legged in front of the tv.
He popped Kengo into the CD tray, waited for the boot-screen and then commenced with his previous saved game.

He lost once more to an elderly Japanese gent that kicked his beehind once more.

His head exploded in frustrated anger.

The end.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.