GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"spoolsv.exe - Resource hog"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 18:55
Regular
for the past few days my system has been running slow, so ive used loads of adware/spyware/virus/trojan scans to see what was wrong with my system.

i look in the Windows Task manager and find that spoolsv.exe is using 99 of my cpu. how can a print spooler use so much when i havent printed anything? ive disabled print spooling but now i cant install my printer...can anyone help?

Specs:
Win XP
Pentium 4 2.66ghz
512KB Ram
ATi Radeon 9200 128mb
Thu 27/05/04 at 18:55
Regular
for the past few days my system has been running slow, so ive used loads of adware/spyware/virus/trojan scans to see what was wrong with my system.

i look in the Windows Task manager and find that spoolsv.exe is using 99 of my cpu. how can a print spooler use so much when i havent printed anything? ive disabled print spooling but now i cant install my printer...can anyone help?

Specs:
Win XP
Pentium 4 2.66ghz
512KB Ram
ATi Radeon 9200 128mb
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:16
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
hey. have u installed any network things recently cause there seems to be some problems especially with Novell stuff that has caused this? Or hav u got SAgent2.exe running (this is for Epson printers), there are a few reports that that can cause problems. Hav u installed anything else recently?
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:23
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
u might want to look at this if u hav network stuff

[URL]http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win2000/1017241343[/URL]
Thu 27/05/04 at 21:46
Regular
Na i havent got anything like that installed. Its a HP DeskJet 710C.
I do have a wireless peer-2-peer lan with my old pc though...
Fri 28/05/04 at 17:00
Regular
99%?!
Mine uses 0% only thing on 99% is System idle process and that tells you how much CPU is being used!
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:16
Regular
"NULL"
We've got that printer. We've had a few problems with it not installing, but nothing that downloading the drivers from the HP web site didn't solve. No problems with CPU utilisation though. Presumably rebooting hasn't stopped it. What about running in safe mode? Now that print spooling is turned off, has the CPU Utilisation dropped as well? If so, then unplug the printer (data and power cables), turn on the computer, turn it off again, plug the printer back in and reboot. We found that was the most reliable way to effectively "hard-reset" the printer installation.
Sun 30/05/04 at 11:20
Regular
I fixed the problem...

for some reason MS Office 2003 has made a copy of my printer in the printers folder.

When i looked closer into that i found there was 10 documents in queue..once i cancelled the documents my Norton anti virus reconised these documents as virus'. now the spoolsv has gone down to 00 usage...fank god for that!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.