GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh look, Bowser is right in front of me!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 12:44
Regular
For all those who have visited I-Max, you will be familiar with experiencing films in total 3D. When I first experienced this sheer excellence, the first thing that went through my head was “what would this be like when playing games”.

Gameplay:

Well, anyone who wouldn’t like to at least try it once will be totally mad, even if you think it wont take off, it will still be interesting to play games in 3D, right? Imagine playing a Flying Simulator game, you could have aircraft’s flying past you at fast speeds, right in your living room!

What is does:

Well, obviously games will be in 3D. Not 3D as in being 3Dimentinal objects but 3D as in having to fight a boss which feels as though he is really in front of you in real life.

Games available for it:

None of yet, well in the UK at least. If the idea does ever catch on in the gaming world, you can bet your woollen socks that Developers will be inventing games that will feature this all the time. It will be a slow take off, but once game developers get more used to making games in true 3D, the games will be coming in thick and fast.

Equipment needed to be able to play 3D games:

I’m not too sure on this. There will be a few ideas but the main obvious one would be the 3D glasses. Not the ones you get free with magazines (the paper cheap ones) but a much higher quality design. You will need to plug it in your console, as you would do a normal controller then place them over your eyes. You then plug the controller you wish to use in the second controller port.

Price:

The down side to this idea. I think it has been tried in China. Not video gaming, just TV programs. People loved it, although it was just far too expensive for them to purchase it. If it does make an appearance in video gaming, I would expect it too be very expensive. Like everything new, the price comes down eventually. As more and more people buy the glasses, the price could go down.

To stop any confusion, I don’t mean 3D gaming as in objects looking 3D, but the game springing out from the TV to your living room. It will be YOUR own world.

Your favourite characters will be so close, you could actually touch them. Cool or what?

So there you have it, a few very basic things to do with 3D gaming. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers.
-M16-
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:44
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
For all those who have visited I-Max, you will be familiar with experiencing films in total 3D. When I first experienced this sheer excellence, the first thing that went through my head was “what would this be like when playing games”.

Gameplay:

Well, anyone who wouldn’t like to at least try it once will be totally mad, even if you think it wont take off, it will still be interesting to play games in 3D, right? Imagine playing a Flying Simulator game, you could have aircraft’s flying past you at fast speeds, right in your living room!

What is does:

Well, obviously games will be in 3D. Not 3D as in being 3Dimentinal objects but 3D as in having to fight a boss which feels as though he is really in front of you in real life.

Games available for it:

None of yet, well in the UK at least. If the idea does ever catch on in the gaming world, you can bet your woollen socks that Developers will be inventing games that will feature this all the time. It will be a slow take off, but once game developers get more used to making games in true 3D, the games will be coming in thick and fast.

Equipment needed to be able to play 3D games:

I’m not too sure on this. There will be a few ideas but the main obvious one would be the 3D glasses. Not the ones you get free with magazines (the paper cheap ones) but a much higher quality design. You will need to plug it in your console, as you would do a normal controller then place them over your eyes. You then plug the controller you wish to use in the second controller port.

Price:

The down side to this idea. I think it has been tried in China. Not video gaming, just TV programs. People loved it, although it was just far too expensive for them to purchase it. If it does make an appearance in video gaming, I would expect it too be very expensive. Like everything new, the price comes down eventually. As more and more people buy the glasses, the price could go down.

To stop any confusion, I don’t mean 3D gaming as in objects looking 3D, but the game springing out from the TV to your living room. It will be YOUR own world.

Your favourite characters will be so close, you could actually touch them. Cool or what?

So there you have it, a few very basic things to do with 3D gaming. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Cheers.
-M16-
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:45
Regular
"Your favourite characters will be so close, you could actually touch them."

And how long, do you think, before everyone's loading up Tomb Raider? ;0)
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
They would have to be very, very sad...
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:47
Regular
That's virtual reality really...
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:50
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> They would have to be very, very sad...

I think you have to be sad to actually play the games. There's nothing to them.
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
True, true.......
Fri 20/04/01 at 13:03
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I don't think Lara is attractive though... Don't know what men see in her.
Fri 20/04/01 at 15:48
Regular
Reckon that this will be the next step for arcade machines.

Consoles were starting to catch up with them in terms of technology but this will allow the arcades to step ahead again.

Check your local superbowl, they're going to appear sooner or later!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.