GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coen brothers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Am sort of new to Coen Brothers movies (although I own O Brother and Intolerable Cruelty) and just very much enjoyed the pants off The Man Who Wasn't There. Experts, give me a run down of their films in order of goodness, and don't bother mentioning Fargo because that's already downloading. Ta.
Sun 30/05/04 at 11:28
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Though the Ladykillers doesnt look good, and Fargo is good but way overated, all Coen films rock, and the Big Lebowski rocks the most.
Sun 30/05/04 at 11:19
Regular
"not dead"
I didn't think much of "O' Brother", if it weren't for Clooney, it would have been almost unwatchable.

However, I thought that The Man Who Wasn't There, Fargo and The Big Lebowski were fantastic.

As for the Ladykillers, you can see it for free at a Vue cinema if you sign up to their website. Somewhere on there you'll be able to print of a voucher, take it to a Vue cinema on the between the 18th and 21st of June, and they'll give you two free tickets to a screening on a preview screening on June 23rd.
Sat 29/05/04 at 22:06
Regular
I must also put in two of my favourite Coens quotes.

"Does she have representation?"
"Er, she has rottweilers."
"Not a good sign."

"I'm voting for yours truly!"
"Well, I'm voting for yours truly too!"
"OK..I'm with you fellas."
Sat 29/05/04 at 21:54
Regular
The ones I've seen, in order of goodness to slightly not as goodness:

O Brother Where Art Thou?
Fargo
Intolerable Cruelty
Man Who Wasn't There
Barton Fink
Big Lebowski
Raising Arizona
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Millionaire: "What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski? Is it the courage to do what's right, no matter what the moral and ethical consequences? Is that what makes a man?
Lebowski: "Well, yeah, that and a pair of testicles."

Walter: "Hey Smokey - this is bowling, not Vietnam. There are rules."

Genius.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:50
Regular
"Not a Jew"
The Big Lebowski, as CDouch said. Excellent.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
"You know, for kids!"

Recorded Hudsucker off TV a few months back and it missed the last 10 minutes or so. I really need to get myself a copy of that to see it through. Another class film.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've got The Hudsucker Proxy if you want to borrow it?
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
How could I forget Barton Fink? John Goodman at his finest (and he's excellent in all the Coen's films).

You're entering a world of top quality film making here Snuggly. Love the Coen's. love 'em.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Big Lebowski
Miller's Crossing
Fargo - I know your downloading it but I still had to mention it!

You MUST see these films.

Raising Arizona's pretty damn good too. Plus The Lady Killers is looking good, think it's out very soon...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.