GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Support new music."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
By buying a top notch single.

I listen to XFM, a london station which some of you may or may not have heard of. They had a cracking idea when the rumour was going round that Blazin' Squad would be doing the official Euro 2004 song, and that idea was:

Let's get our listeners to right songs, we can pick the best one and get top acts to record it for us, with all proceeds going to charity.

So they did.

And the resulting track is going by the artist name Twisted X, and is called Born in England with people like Supergrass, Bernard Butler, The Delays, The Libertines and even James Nesbitt and 500 XFM listeners singing on it. Alas, I'm not one of them.

Even without my singing talent, as it is, I think the track is great.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is this:

I'm begging here. Please buy this single. You can find out where to pre-order it, and more info on the projecy in general, and hear a clip by [URL]http://xfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?b=onair&id=622[/URL]

So, here's your chance to support some proper music, some new music. A track that has been written because the artist wanted to write it, not because some suit thought it would make some money.

Here's your chance to stick two fingers up at the pop-tastic idiots who only listen to Radio 1 and have no idea what a decent tune would sound like if it came and bit their @rse.

I have no idea why I'm so passionate about this, or why I so desperately want it to do well and, ideally, get to number 1 in the charts. Perhaps it's because I'm fed up with all the crap that's about. Perhaps it's just because I've been listening all the way through from the crazy inception of the idea.

I don't know. Whatever it is, I've already pre-ordered, and I'd ask you to do the same.

Many thanks.
Wed 26/05/04 at 20:07
Regular
By buying a top notch single.

I listen to XFM, a london station which some of you may or may not have heard of. They had a cracking idea when the rumour was going round that Blazin' Squad would be doing the official Euro 2004 song, and that idea was:

Let's get our listeners to right songs, we can pick the best one and get top acts to record it for us, with all proceeds going to charity.

So they did.

And the resulting track is going by the artist name Twisted X, and is called Born in England with people like Supergrass, Bernard Butler, The Delays, The Libertines and even James Nesbitt and 500 XFM listeners singing on it. Alas, I'm not one of them.

Even without my singing talent, as it is, I think the track is great.

Anyway, the point I'm getting at is this:

I'm begging here. Please buy this single. You can find out where to pre-order it, and more info on the projecy in general, and hear a clip by [URL]http://xfm.co.uk/sectional.asp?b=onair&id=622[/URL]

So, here's your chance to support some proper music, some new music. A track that has been written because the artist wanted to write it, not because some suit thought it would make some money.

Here's your chance to stick two fingers up at the pop-tastic idiots who only listen to Radio 1 and have no idea what a decent tune would sound like if it came and bit their @rse.

I have no idea why I'm so passionate about this, or why I so desperately want it to do well and, ideally, get to number 1 in the charts. Perhaps it's because I'm fed up with all the crap that's about. Perhaps it's just because I've been listening all the way through from the crazy inception of the idea.

I don't know. Whatever it is, I've already pre-ordered, and I'd ask you to do the same.

Many thanks.
Thu 27/05/04 at 08:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
It's a great idea, I have to admit. However, if a British band was going to record a song for Euro 2004 I would have preferred if it was done by Deep Purple, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. =D
Thu 27/05/04 at 11:03
Regular
So no one has actually ordered it then?
Thu 27/05/04 at 12:08
Regular
Good idea but awful song.
Thu 27/05/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh dear god that song's crap.
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:21
Regular
I haven't heard the clip on the 'net, so I don't know what it's like.

Can't be worse than the DJ Spooneeee Remix of Altogether now though, surely.
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:35
Regular
lol, that tune is really pathetic. It's a good concept, but really... use that for the tournament and the English will be laughed at by the other countries.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.