GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE FUTURE UNCERTAIN"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 10:36
Regular
Nintendo's president Hiroshi Yamauchi has done it again! On the Wednesday meeting of investors, Hiroshi Yamauchi made a shot and clear statement that puts the future of GameCube under a big question mark. According to AFX News, Hiroshi Yamauchi made the following statement:

"If we are unable to see a positive response at E3, this will have a disastrous impact on Nintendo... and we may have to consider freezing the GameCube business altogether."

However, Nintendo's president also emphasized his confidence on the success of GameCube presentation at the upcoming E3Expo in LA. After the recent announcement of GameCube's delay, E3 will definitely be a major indicator of things to come.
Fri 20/04/01 at 10:36
Nintendo's president Hiroshi Yamauchi has done it again! On the Wednesday meeting of investors, Hiroshi Yamauchi made a shot and clear statement that puts the future of GameCube under a big question mark. According to AFX News, Hiroshi Yamauchi made the following statement:

"If we are unable to see a positive response at E3, this will have a disastrous impact on Nintendo... and we may have to consider freezing the GameCube business altogether."

However, Nintendo's president also emphasized his confidence on the success of GameCube presentation at the upcoming E3Expo in LA. After the recent announcement of GameCube's delay, E3 will definitely be a major indicator of things to come.
Fri 20/04/01 at 12:36
Regular
"gsybe you!"
E3 is in America, so Gamecube should get a good look in.
Fri 20/04/01 at 13:00
Regular
Don't cha just luv Daily Radar...

Well, no, actually.

A mistranslated quote by Yamuchi started this off.

He basically said: "If the Gamecube fails to impress at E3, then I'll cancel it." In the same context as "If it fails, I'll eat my hat."

It seems everything he says gets blown out of proportion...

Fri 20/04/01 at 20:45
I don't see why it'll be bad.

The graphics are pretty good, it's Nintendo's first disk machine, it's small and compact.
Tue 24/04/01 at 22:07
Regular
Another translation error. Oops.
Tue 24/04/01 at 23:02
Regular
Yamuchi is known to say a few daft things. But this just takes the pi$$
Sat 28/04/01 at 13:08
Regular
Does a bit. However, competition is healthy, so a total failure wouldn`t be good. An N64 style effort, just to give Sony a push would be sufficient.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.