GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How games and gameplay will improve."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/06/00 at 09:48
Regular
We have had bad games (very many) and good games! but how do the devlopers know what we want from games, the question is, do they ask us?

So what makes a good game and what makes a bad? its graphics, its storyline, its gameplay and there are so many other factors. Lets compare a good games devloper with a bad one, well lets take a low budget Japense firm agaist Rare. Rare makes a game everybody loves and the Japense firm makes one people don't love. But the way the small firm can gain resect and make a decent game is not by good ideas, not by how small the firm is but how it plays and appeals to the gamer, and the only way that will happen is if they ask the public what they want, and let the public playtest their games.

You see every worker in a games development would'nt be one if they could'nt do the job, its really up to their boss to tell them what to do and what to use. But if they combine good points from other games, combine the views of the public then us gamers would have few less deisapointment in the games we play.
Sun 18/06/00 at 11:12
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I think you may have a point, but graphics is only a small part of the whole liking thing, My favorite games are the ones hat took me a long time to get hold of, or the ones that took me ages to save up for and all that hard work finally pays off when you buy that one game, but when I got Goldeneye, yes this is a damn good game and everyone loves it, but this is because of the multiplayer, and the graphics but it would still be the same game without the graphics, why is this? because of the challenge given to you, this game is the hardest game I have, although I can complete any game on virtualy any difficulty now when I first played it, it was ages after when I completed the whole thing, even three years later did I dare take on the 00agent Facility for the invincibility cheat, I now have everything on the game and now wait for a new challenge, but sadly there is one game which is far too difficult for me to complete, this is Diddy Kong Racing, for many people who know, this has a rubbish storyline, crap multiplayer, and a style that really only appeals to kids, but because of the diffulculty when you eventually finish it, you are rewarded with huge amounts of happiness, which then leaves you craving for more, I must tell you that DKR was made by RARE.
Sun 18/06/00 at 09:48
Regular
"Walking Stick Neede"
We have had bad games (very many) and good games! but how do the devlopers know what we want from games, the question is, do they ask us?

So what makes a good game and what makes a bad? its graphics, its storyline, its gameplay and there are so many other factors. Lets compare a good games devloper with a bad one, well lets take a low budget Japense firm agaist Rare. Rare makes a game everybody loves and the Japense firm makes one people don't love. But the way the small firm can gain resect and make a decent game is not by good ideas, not by how small the firm is but how it plays and appeals to the gamer, and the only way that will happen is if they ask the public what they want, and let the public playtest their games.

You see every worker in a games development would'nt be one if they could'nt do the job, its really up to their boss to tell them what to do and what to use. But if they combine good points from other games, combine the views of the public then us gamers would have few less deisapointment in the games we play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.