GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The London Tube"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 01:20
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
I've got a meeting on the 18th of June in essex, so I will need to get on the tube, but I have never been on it before.

So just wondering if it is difficult to navigate or any tips you may have.

Thanks.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Old school carriages!

Wooooo!

The seats are horrible, browny yellow squares.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
oooh be careful not to get on a district line train at any of those stations.
Hammersmith & City trains are less frequent so make sure you know what train you're getting onto, as they all arrive on the same platforms.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Generally on most lines in the centre of London, there's a train about every 3 mins, so you'll never really have to wait.

The district line (the green one) has moths on it, and it rattles along in its old school carriages. The moths are camouflaged against the triangular pattern of the seats. It's horrendously scary.
The only problem that I can see anyone having on the tubes is getting lost in a station like Green Park, where you could get lose your way in the series of interconnecting long long long tunnels. But you have no reason to go to Green Park, or even go on the District Line, as it's an east/west line, and doesn't go north or south. Which is nice to know.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:23
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Ok thanks, think I've got the journey all planned now anyway.

To: BECONTREE

Station Duration Action
Kings Cross St Pancras Wait for HAMMERSMITH & CITY LINE train
Kings Cross St Pancras 5 mins. Get on train to any of:
ALDGATE EAST or
WHITECHAPEL or
BARKING or
PLAISTOW
Aldgate East 16 mins. Walk to DISTRICT LINE
Aldgate East 17 mins. Wait for DISTRICT LINE train
Aldgate East 22 mins. Get on train to any of:
UPMINSTER or
DAGENHAM EAST
Becontree 47 mins. Arrival

Journey Duration: 47 mins.

Zones Used: 1,2,3,4,5 Adult: 3.50 Child: 1.40
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Trains run every 5-10 minuts during the day so you should be fine.

Unless theres a derailment or a signal failure everything should be OK.

Just check the BBC London site beforehand to make sure there are no delays.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:06
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
phi11ip wrote:

> In fact, if you do the same but at the traffic lights go straight
> ahead, walk for a bit, turn left and follow the road to the end
> you'll come to my house!
>
> Double wooooooo!

I'll keep that in mind because if I lose my way...
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:05
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Another question, how reliable are the ties because I arirve on the 18th June for the weekend form Hull.

But then I have to get back to Kings cross on the 20th, and thne to manchester Airport in order to meet the parents at 15:00 in order to fy to Turkey.
Wed 26/05/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
If you go before 10am then it's expensive but afterwards you can get a 1 day travelcard for about £6 allowing you unlimited travel on all busses and trains in the London area.

Oh and don't get the green line. It's slow and boring and old and uncomfortable and slow and crap and smelly.

However if you want to, you can get the green line to Upminster, go out of the train station, turn left, walk to the traffic lights, turn left again walk about 200 meters and then you're at Special Reservererer!

Woooooo!

In fact, if you do the same but at the traffic lights go straight ahead, walk for a bit, turn left and follow the road to the end you'll come to my house!

Double wooooooo!
Wed 26/05/04 at 12:53
Regular
"[UA] HAHA poo pants"
Thanks for the information everyone. A quick question though, how much does it cost?
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Colourless"
Same here really. If I get the tube, I'll get off at Southgate. So the end of the line is one stop past that. I've never missed my stop due to sleep though. My dad has some interesting stories bout that though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.