GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Princess Bride"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/05/04 at 13:21
Regular
Watched this again last night, nice to forget how good it is just to discover it again.

"He didn't fall? Inconcievable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

If you've no idea what I'm talking about, please get this on DVD. It's one of the most charming, witty films ever made and gets better everytime you watch it.

I've really gotta get myself the book...

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Mon 31/05/04 at 15:40
"period drama"
Watched it again today - couldn't resist.
Amazoing.

Except the crappy offt'elly version I've got edited out the best bit:

Inigo: Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die. Now, offer me money.

slices Count Rugen's cheek

Rugen: Yes.

Inigo: Power too. Promise me that.

slices Count Rugen's other cheek

Rugen: All that I have and more. Please...

Inigo: Offer me everything I ask for.

Rugen: Any thing you want.

Inigo: I want my father back, you son of b!tch.

Also, I noticed, that when Columbo is reading the book at the start he says "The Princess Bride ... by S.Morgenstien."

Then in the credits, it says the book is adapted from William Goldman. Ahar.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My girlie has the original book in a fancy packaging. It's cool, loads of bits that weren't in the film.
Wed 26/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
Heh, actually, that's the whole point of the book.

William Goldman wrote The Princess Bride, but claims to this day that he didn't. He says he 'adapted' an old book written by a S. Morgenstien, and basically copied out 'the best bits', commenting when he misses out sections. It's a genius idea.
Wed 26/05/04 at 13:50
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
yeh. one of my favourites. in case anyone is interested the actual book is apparently really boring. the director was read it by his dad when he was young and really enjoyed it. but when he went back to it himself he found that his dad had skipped all the really tedious descriptions. he re-edited the book so that his version is much more enjoyable. i'll prob get it sometime if i can find it.

"You mean i'll put down my sword and you'll put down your rock and we'll try to kill each other like civilised men?"
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Grix Thraves wrote:
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Aha!

And yes, I'm now tempted to somehow get a hold of it.
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:41
"period drama"
Ah yes - one of my favorite, if not my actual favourite film evA.
Much have seen it about 50 times; watched it every time I got ill as a kid. Ahar.

I got a proper video (as opposed to oft'elly) once, but the sound was all crappy - that made me sad. Must get DVD.

Ah, memories. So many fantastic lines.
([URL]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/quotes[/URL]

And it has Columbo in it - he pats his coat and everything = genius.
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:36
Regular
I've got it lying round in the attic somewhere on video. From what I remember it was a great film. Maybe I should dig it up again sometime.
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Is this the one with an ogre and a swordsman?

I liked it, I seem to remember.
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:01
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
have this film on video from when i was a kid its very sweet
Tue 25/05/04 at 17:38
Regular
I think I'm going to get my three year old nephew to watch it with me, see if he likes it.

If I could ever get close to writing a story as fantastic as this I'll die happy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.