GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Veet for Men - why is there no such thing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/05/04 at 00:03
"High polygon count"
[URL]http://www.veet.co.uk/whats_new.shtml[/URL]

Saw the advert for this product earlier today.

What I want to know is... why the hell can't they produce this stuff for men?

I absolutely detest shaving. Not only is it an incredible waste of time, but if I shave downwards only, I'm still left with stubble; so I have to shave upwards too - which leaves me bloody sore.

Why can't they make a mens version of this stuff for your face, which would leave you stubble free for days?
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:11
"High polygon count"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Newsflash people - SHAVING IS PART OF BEING A MAN. It's part of what
> should make you a red-blooded heterosexual tyrannosaur

What a load of gonads. It's a timewasting inconvenience, and nothing at all to do with "how manly you are".

If how hairy you are is a measure of how manly you are, then you're ALL women compared to me!
Thu 27/05/04 at 13:54
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
yes and why don't they make nail varnish for men? and spaghetti tops?
Thu 27/05/04 at 13:46
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
This thread is the biggest collection of gays I've ever been witness to.

"Shaving is hard, boo hoo, it hurts. I want it to be over quickly and use a women's product on my face. I wish I never grew hair at all and was smooth as an eel, waah waah waah."

Newsflash people - SHAVING IS PART OF BEING A MAN. It's part of what should make you a red-blooded heterosexual tyrannosaur, not an inconvenience. You should cherish every single facial follicle, not whine like a little girl about how much it messes up your complexion.

Pandy has the right idea - shaving should be done with the sharpest object closest to hand, with a proper lather. You should be half scared that you're so manly, you might cut your own throat just to prove how hard you are.
Thu 27/05/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I really want a cutthroat razor and leather strop, but with the shaking hands on the morning after a heavy session, I think it'll be a bad, bad idea...........
Thu 27/05/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Anti-Sex League would have that
Thu 27/05/04 at 11:32
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I imagine that that gel stuff is all goopy and doesn't wash off easily. Otherwise EVERYONE would use it, and they'd invent it for men.

Also, on my earlier question, I have to agree with the "neatly trimmed" idea, although a landing strip looks a bit odd, in my opinion.

Would anyone go for that Stop Sign design?
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:32
Regular
"it's a small thing"
I got a huge cut on my ankle from shaving the other week it's huuuuuge! The Veet stuff is waaaay to messy for my likings!
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Mystique wrote:
> I so have a mental image of you with a Gandalf beard right now.

I'm sure it's quite an image.
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Argh, I used to hate shaving with a razor. One time I actually cut my head off, just like that bloke on the Internet, except my screaming wasn't dubbed. Now I use an electric razor every now and again, but I prefer having what crap stubble I can acquire.
Wed 26/05/04 at 23:23
Regular
"it's a small thing"
pb wrote:
> If the cream is anything like the other ones you leave on for 3
> minutes, it bloody hurts.
>
> My misses dared me to try it on my under-arm hair. I sprayed the
> mouse on and left it for a few minutes. In those minutes it went
> from tingly to skin-scorcher before I hastily removed it.
>
> Yes, it worked and took my hair off, but I couldn't lower my arms for
> the rest of the day...

Maybe you left it on a little too long or you have sensitive skin, next time go for the sensitive skin one ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.