GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Eternal Darkness- The Best Boss Battle I've had for a while"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Eternal Darkness'.
Mon 07/03/05 at 20:58
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yesterday I spent a couple of hours playing Eternal Darkness, trying to figure out the complicated magick system. I was walking down these long stairs when this huge spider thing appears and casts a spell, something which I've never seen an enemy in the game do. It begins blasting me with lightning, so I get out my pistols and begin firing. It doesn't do anything, so I run and it follows. Quickly going through the magick page, I made a magical barrier around myself, the same colour as the enemy's. It still managed to penetrate it, summoning zombies to attack me. Then, I remember back to earlier and work out that blue magic beats red, like water beats fire. So, I use the same spell but in combination with the blue rune, and the shield comes up. The zombies walk into it like a cockroach into a bug zapper. Then, thinking along the same lines, I enchant the pistol bullets with the same thing and fire at the spider boss. Soon, it's crumbled.

Shows how games have developed.
Thu 10/03/05 at 14:16
Ulyaoth, Pargon... other stuff. Great memories.
Thu 10/03/05 at 14:12
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Exactly, they wearn't more advanced.
Thu 10/03/05 at 10:17
"The Will of D."
That's because they got wiped out by forces even they couldn't control.
Thu 10/03/05 at 07:37
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
They wearn't more advanced...
Wed 09/03/05 at 20:42
"The Will of D."
I quite liked the story the game was based upon once you got far enough in, ocz i've always been a believer in ancient civilisations that were way more advance than we currently are.
Wed 09/03/05 at 20:37
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
It was in the Maximillian Roivas part, fighting the spider thing before the end of the chapter.

I'm currently that journalist guy. It was quite funny actually, because I had a music cd on the dvd player at the same time, so both the music and the GC were playing at the same time. I spent five minutes trying to kill a green possesion monster (the one with big claws) which had a shield, and the moment I did, celebrate good times came on. Amazingly funny.
Tue 08/03/05 at 18:13
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Im guessing you're talking about fat bas that can't run? I really need to get back into this.
Tue 08/03/05 at 16:58
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Twin pistol things were awesome. There was so much ammo on that level though...
Tue 08/03/05 at 11:55
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The Elephant Rifle on servants body parts was king.
Tue 08/03/05 at 00:35
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
J Nash wrote:
> I still havn't bought ED.

Crazy Fool!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.