GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How hard can it be to empty a bin?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm not knocking bin-men - the smell, the heat - rather you than me, but if you're going to do a job, why not do it properly for f**k's sake!? Came home this afternoon to find our bin up the middle of the garages. Not tucked away by our gate as normal, but right up the middle of the garages, which must have taken longer to do than actually putting it back. Maybe they were playing leap-frog over the bins? I just don't know. Actually, it's qute amazing that I recognised our bin from the 30 others out our back.

Not only was the bin (I found the lid a bit closer) not where it should be, but they hadn't even emptied it properly. The whole point of employing someone to take away your rubbish is so that it stops smelling behind your house. If it didn't smell so bad, no-one would be that bothered, right? To make matters worse, our freezer broke last week, so in the bin was old meat, which had bred maggots!

So we were left with this half-empty bin of maggots and smell, which I had to dispose myself. Thanks bin-men, how nice to see that standards in this town are really improving! I'll be thinking of you next time I pay my Council Tax!
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm not knocking bin-men - the smell, the heat - rather you than me, but if you're going to do a job, why not do it properly for f**k's sake!? Came home this afternoon to find our bin up the middle of the garages. Not tucked away by our gate as normal, but right up the middle of the garages, which must have taken longer to do than actually putting it back. Maybe they were playing leap-frog over the bins? I just don't know. Actually, it's qute amazing that I recognised our bin from the 30 others out our back.

Not only was the bin (I found the lid a bit closer) not where it should be, but they hadn't even emptied it properly. The whole point of employing someone to take away your rubbish is so that it stops smelling behind your house. If it didn't smell so bad, no-one would be that bothered, right? To make matters worse, our freezer broke last week, so in the bin was old meat, which had bred maggots!

So we were left with this half-empty bin of maggots and smell, which I had to dispose myself. Thanks bin-men, how nice to see that standards in this town are really improving! I'll be thinking of you next time I pay my Council Tax!
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Do a Homer, and start your own luxury bin men service thang.
You know what I'm on about. Hopefully.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I should complain really, but they'll probably stop emptyin...hang on, they already don't!
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
The binmen that go around our way are rubbish (note the pun). They never bloody well empty it properly either, and then they just throw it down on the ground after they have finished, or leave it halfway out in the f**king road. And it isn't like there is a big hurry, either, we live in the middle of the fecking countryside. Useless.
Someday I'm going to put a dummy in the bin along with some out of date prawns, with a realistic looking arm poking out from under the lid, covered in ketchup. Then video record the incident.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:16
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cunningly plot some kind of revenge.
It'll result in them not emptying yo...
Hmm.

Yes, cunningly plot some kind of revenge.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:18
Regular
You tell the council what happened.

They send the bin men back.

The bin men have to work longer hours for not doing their job properly in the first place.

Next time they do it properly.

Problem sorted.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:30
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Edgy wrote:
> You tell the council what happened.
>
> They send the bin men back.
>
> The bin men have to work longer hours for not doing their job
> properly in the first place.
>
> Next time they do it properly.

If his council are corrupt as mine, they will do nothing.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:37
Regular
One day cleaners, doctors and indeed bin men will be replaced by robots doing the same task. That day isn't now unfortunately, so the best you can do is ring up the council and complain. Then move out to a better funded county (or even aborad) and spread the word how useless the council wherever you lived was.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:41
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I live in N Ireland.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:43
Regular
LIST OF RUBBISH COUNCILS:

One in N Ireland
monkey man's council

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.