GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Required: Quiet Heatsink & Fan Socket A"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Hi guys (and any gals),
Basically I have an Athlon XP 2100+ Cpu, through laziness I have been using the heatsink and fan that I got with my cpu however now I can no longer bare the noise. Can anyone recommend a good heatsink & fan that is really quiet. (Any links to products would be appreciated). Just now I am looking at a zalman hs+fan or a coolermaster jet 7 (recommended this but I've heard varying things about it's noise)....I have a very nice window on my case so if the hs+fan had a led or looked smart would be an added bonus......not too bothered about price (as long as nothing to ridiculous like £50+)

BTW as a side note, I HIGHLY recommend the Logitech MX700 mouse, it is the BMW of the mouse world, best cordless device I've ever had!!
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I bought a SilenX fan to replace the super noisy one that came with my mini-fridge, boy is this one quiet, i can only hear it if i have my ear about 5cm away and directly in the air flow.

Amazing stuff. Thats the 14dba one.
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:16
Regular
"relocated"
Panaflo fans make everything else on the market sound like helicopters. I use one with a Thermalright something-or-other heatsink and it is super quiet, but no good for overclocking I suspect. Somebody on ebay sells them. silentpcreview.com is a good site for all your quiet needs.
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:38
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
I was having a quick look around and found the 7000 series made by Zalman, seems to be extremely good, however the way that it is fixed to the motherboard requires 4 holes around the cpu. Only certain motherboards are supported and sadfully my MSI motherboard is not
check out the link [URL]http://www.quietpc.com/uk/amdcooling.php[/URL]
I was quite impressed by this too.......I'll check out everyones recommendations, keep them coming :)
Sun 23/05/04 at 23:29
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Turbonutter wrote:
> My MX900 is better though :-)
>
> As for your heatsink, get any Thermalright from
> http://www.extremecooling.co.uk and a suitably sized Papst fan
> (bigger is better & quieter) from the same site. 20dBA is quiet.

Reminds me, must get my fan sorted out.

BTW, my MX510 0wnz the MX900!! 'tis bloo, and the sampling and tracking rate on it is awesome!
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
My MX900 is better though :-)

As for your heatsink, get any Thermalright from http://www.extremecooling.co.uk and a suitably sized Papst fan (bigger is better & quieter) from the same site. 20dBA is quiet.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:55
Regular
"Nobody Home"
I use this on all my PCs:

http://www.ebuyer.com/

quickfind: 62486

Its noiseless, its light. Ran my pally 20oC cooler than an overclockers Akasa fan that was about £20. This is £6.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:12
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Hi guys (and any gals),
Basically I have an Athlon XP 2100+ Cpu, through laziness I have been using the heatsink and fan that I got with my cpu however now I can no longer bare the noise. Can anyone recommend a good heatsink & fan that is really quiet. (Any links to products would be appreciated). Just now I am looking at a zalman hs+fan or a coolermaster jet 7 (recommended this but I've heard varying things about it's noise)....I have a very nice window on my case so if the hs+fan had a led or looked smart would be an added bonus......not too bothered about price (as long as nothing to ridiculous like £50+)

BTW as a side note, I HIGHLY recommend the Logitech MX700 mouse, it is the BMW of the mouse world, best cordless device I've ever had!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.