GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"the gamecube.... will you wait?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/04/01 at 20:01
Regular
* Late 1999*
Time_Warp visits Nintendo.com to find out the latest news on his favourite company, upon entering he sees the headline ‘The dolphin’ so he immediately clicks on it to see what it means. He jumps in the air when the news explains that the next Nintendo console will be the Nintendo Dolphin! The console does have 128-bit graphics and is most likely to have a Mario sequel and probably a top Zelda title too. He tells all his friends but doesn’t get his hopes set too high, as Nintendo hasn’t been the most reliable company in the past. It will probably be released in 2001 he thinks to himself maybe around my birthday. He goes out that day in the best mood and decides to spend the afternoon in MacDonald’s imagining what titles will come to it and if it will beat the ps2 and DC. When it starts to get dark he feels slightly hungry as he only brought enough money to get a super size milkshake that he had been slowly sipping on for a few hours.

*Xmas 2000*
Time_Warp buys NOM, as last months issue said there would be some cool news on the dolphin. When he opens it the magazine say’s that the console will be delayed a few months, after seeing it Time_Warp nearly puts his foot through his television as Nintendo did this with the n64 too. He curses and hopes that it will be worth it, almost considering a ps2 the next year instead but then slaps himself wondering what came over him, after all he liked Sony but had grown up playing on a Nintendo console.

*Late 2000*
Reads Nom again only to find that suddenly it’s not the Dolphin but now the Gamecube, slightly disappointed Time_Warp tries to like the name but doesn’t really see the contest between the Dolphin and Gamecube. He decides it’s still Nintendo and sets his expectations high again.

*A month or two ago*
After seeing shots of the fab new console and pics of the some top titles set to hit the launch of it Time_Warp notices that it should be released in February 2002 which sets him smirking for the rest of the day even when his brother nearly K.O’s him after a head shot into the wall. He reads all the details and apparently it will cost no more than £200. With the news he dances in delight glad he didn’t use his money for a ps2 especially as his brother will purchase one, so everyone’s happy! Hopefully there wouldn’t be any more delays as he had already waited long enough as it was.

*Present day*
Time_Warp reads on daily radar that the Gamecube will be delayed again, not coming out until September in Japan, Christmas in the USA and a date that hadn’t been confirmed yet in Europe. Foaming at the mouth he plays his Dc to wash away the sorrows very disappointed with Nintendo this time thinking that they had gone to far. They seem to care about everything apart from Europe so Time_Warp sensibly cools down and thinks hey my DC can play me through until the Cube comes out, I’ll just wait until it comes out but not listen to any hype.

*2002*
Time_Warp receives his Gamecube and plays it for 4 days straight and doesn’t care about sleep. He knows that this console is the best ever and hopes Nintendo bring many, many more consoles! After 90 hours of solid playing he falls asleep at the start menu of Mario!

So I will definitely wait for the Gamecube no question, but what will stop others buying the ps2 or Xbox on account of they come out first. So the Gamecube might be the best console but others might get tired of waiting and buy an Xbox at Christmas instead of purchasing a Gamecube at June/July when a lot of kids don’t have any money as they want to spend their money they received at xmas because saving money is boring. It is no problem for me as my birthday is in early July so if the Gamecube comes out in late June I’m fine, but of course these delays mean it will be released at an awkward time and they might not get record sales and be in a Dreamcast situation where it dies out too soon on account of the release date.

The biggest rival for Nintendo will be Microsoft this time around instead of Sony, which will be a competitor, but with the Xbox and Gamecube’s similar release date they will be the biggest rivals and it will be very close. If the price of the Gamecube is right then It will be fine, but if it doesn’t have a special speculation it could easily be beaten due to the power of the Xbox. With games like Wave race 128, Mario 128, and Zelda personally I don’t think Nintendo will have to much trouble with the competition this time and will live up to all expectations everyone expected. I am confident the Gamecube’s lifespan will be as big as ever and start a revolution for gaming altogether. Hopefully the delays will just sweeten the consoles performance and it will be a dream to play with and for a nice price everyone should be looking forward to this consoles launch.

Cheers

Time_Warp

Thu 19/04/01 at 20:01
* Late 1999*
Time_Warp visits Nintendo.com to find out the latest news on his favourite company, upon entering he sees the headline ‘The dolphin’ so he immediately clicks on it to see what it means. He jumps in the air when the news explains that the next Nintendo console will be the Nintendo Dolphin! The console does have 128-bit graphics and is most likely to have a Mario sequel and probably a top Zelda title too. He tells all his friends but doesn’t get his hopes set too high, as Nintendo hasn’t been the most reliable company in the past. It will probably be released in 2001 he thinks to himself maybe around my birthday. He goes out that day in the best mood and decides to spend the afternoon in MacDonald’s imagining what titles will come to it and if it will beat the ps2 and DC. When it starts to get dark he feels slightly hungry as he only brought enough money to get a super size milkshake that he had been slowly sipping on for a few hours.

*Xmas 2000*
Time_Warp buys NOM, as last months issue said there would be some cool news on the dolphin. When he opens it the magazine say’s that the console will be delayed a few months, after seeing it Time_Warp nearly puts his foot through his television as Nintendo did this with the n64 too. He curses and hopes that it will be worth it, almost considering a ps2 the next year instead but then slaps himself wondering what came over him, after all he liked Sony but had grown up playing on a Nintendo console.

*Late 2000*
Reads Nom again only to find that suddenly it’s not the Dolphin but now the Gamecube, slightly disappointed Time_Warp tries to like the name but doesn’t really see the contest between the Dolphin and Gamecube. He decides it’s still Nintendo and sets his expectations high again.

*A month or two ago*
After seeing shots of the fab new console and pics of the some top titles set to hit the launch of it Time_Warp notices that it should be released in February 2002 which sets him smirking for the rest of the day even when his brother nearly K.O’s him after a head shot into the wall. He reads all the details and apparently it will cost no more than £200. With the news he dances in delight glad he didn’t use his money for a ps2 especially as his brother will purchase one, so everyone’s happy! Hopefully there wouldn’t be any more delays as he had already waited long enough as it was.

*Present day*
Time_Warp reads on daily radar that the Gamecube will be delayed again, not coming out until September in Japan, Christmas in the USA and a date that hadn’t been confirmed yet in Europe. Foaming at the mouth he plays his Dc to wash away the sorrows very disappointed with Nintendo this time thinking that they had gone to far. They seem to care about everything apart from Europe so Time_Warp sensibly cools down and thinks hey my DC can play me through until the Cube comes out, I’ll just wait until it comes out but not listen to any hype.

*2002*
Time_Warp receives his Gamecube and plays it for 4 days straight and doesn’t care about sleep. He knows that this console is the best ever and hopes Nintendo bring many, many more consoles! After 90 hours of solid playing he falls asleep at the start menu of Mario!

So I will definitely wait for the Gamecube no question, but what will stop others buying the ps2 or Xbox on account of they come out first. So the Gamecube might be the best console but others might get tired of waiting and buy an Xbox at Christmas instead of purchasing a Gamecube at June/July when a lot of kids don’t have any money as they want to spend their money they received at xmas because saving money is boring. It is no problem for me as my birthday is in early July so if the Gamecube comes out in late June I’m fine, but of course these delays mean it will be released at an awkward time and they might not get record sales and be in a Dreamcast situation where it dies out too soon on account of the release date.

The biggest rival for Nintendo will be Microsoft this time around instead of Sony, which will be a competitor, but with the Xbox and Gamecube’s similar release date they will be the biggest rivals and it will be very close. If the price of the Gamecube is right then It will be fine, but if it doesn’t have a special speculation it could easily be beaten due to the power of the Xbox. With games like Wave race 128, Mario 128, and Zelda personally I don’t think Nintendo will have to much trouble with the competition this time and will live up to all expectations everyone expected. I am confident the Gamecube’s lifespan will be as big as ever and start a revolution for gaming altogether. Hopefully the delays will just sweeten the consoles performance and it will be a dream to play with and for a nice price everyone should be looking forward to this consoles launch.

Cheers

Time_Warp

Thu 19/04/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
im gonna play my DC untill the gamecuube comes out too.
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:08
the Dc is worth it. BTW i tried to complete alex the kid the other day and failed miserably...
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:08
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
I'll wait for the Gamecube
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:09
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Alex the kid was a very good game.
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:10
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
M16 wrote:
> Alex the kid was a very good game.

What do I mean was? It still is.
Regular
I can wait for the Gamecube, on the account that I can wait for the games.

Better to have plenty of games at release, than the console coming out eariler, and one decent game.
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
alex kid is easy. i done it when i was 8!
keep trying, its easy when you know how.
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:11
Regular
You mean Alex Kidd, Alex Kidd YOU MEAN?!... ;0)
Thu 19/04/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
i cant see what the name is unless i set the whole system up again.
alex Kidd is built into my master system see.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.