GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 'I Hate Blockbuster Club' topic."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/04 at 15:32
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Blockbuster, a great place to rent out a movie for two days, and then get fined £3 because you returned it a minute or two late.

Blockbuster, the greatest place to get ripped off when buying:

DVD’s
Videos
Games
Popcorn
Ben and Jerry’s
Pringles
Sweets
Can you see where I’m going with this?

Blockbuster, a terrible resource renting games, here’s where long stories start to occur.

Today I came back from Blockbuster empty handed after I went to borrow a game. I completed my most recent game of Vice City, Super Smash Brothers Melee is getting a bit tiresome, and I haven’t much else to start up again and play. About a week ago I asked my mate to bring Viewtiful Joe into school, so I could borrow it for a while whilst he was indulged with Pokemon Coliseum and his Australian import of Animal Crossing. After he forgot every day to bring Viewtiful Joe in I then and there decided that he had the worst memory I have ever come across. So today I decided to go to Blockbuster and rent out Viewtful Joe. As I entered I went straight to the Gamecube games to rent without looking at anything else. It surprised me when I saw how much smaller the Gamecube collection had gotten, there were about twenty different Gamecube games to choose from and all of them were terrible apart from Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes which I already own (which sane person doesn’t), there were even less Gamecube games to buy with an even more ghastly selection and there was no sign of Viewtiful Joe. Even the pre-owned games were awful. In most shops there would be a few good games pre-owned and being sold cheaply, but in Blockbusters case it was just crap piled ten feet high. The only thing which was there, was about 20 copies of Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness and I’m a huge Tomb Raider hater (hay that rhymed:)) whether it be games or movies. Then I thought about there get 2 pre-owned DVD’s and get a 3rd free deal so I had a look.

The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk

And I got so annoyed I stormed out of there in a blinding rage. Then one of the people who work’s there says to me “alright?” I wanted to PUNCH him in his BIG FAT HEAD and throw some decent games at him!

Anyway that’s one of my ‘I hate Blockbuster stories’ and now lets here yours (if you have any mind you). Discuss
Sun 23/05/04 at 15:32
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Blockbuster, a great place to rent out a movie for two days, and then get fined £3 because you returned it a minute or two late.

Blockbuster, the greatest place to get ripped off when buying:

DVD’s
Videos
Games
Popcorn
Ben and Jerry’s
Pringles
Sweets
Can you see where I’m going with this?

Blockbuster, a terrible resource renting games, here’s where long stories start to occur.

Today I came back from Blockbuster empty handed after I went to borrow a game. I completed my most recent game of Vice City, Super Smash Brothers Melee is getting a bit tiresome, and I haven’t much else to start up again and play. About a week ago I asked my mate to bring Viewtiful Joe into school, so I could borrow it for a while whilst he was indulged with Pokemon Coliseum and his Australian import of Animal Crossing. After he forgot every day to bring Viewtiful Joe in I then and there decided that he had the worst memory I have ever come across. So today I decided to go to Blockbuster and rent out Viewtful Joe. As I entered I went straight to the Gamecube games to rent without looking at anything else. It surprised me when I saw how much smaller the Gamecube collection had gotten, there were about twenty different Gamecube games to choose from and all of them were terrible apart from Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes which I already own (which sane person doesn’t), there were even less Gamecube games to buy with an even more ghastly selection and there was no sign of Viewtiful Joe. Even the pre-owned games were awful. In most shops there would be a few good games pre-owned and being sold cheaply, but in Blockbusters case it was just crap piled ten feet high. The only thing which was there, was about 20 copies of Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness and I’m a huge Tomb Raider hater (hay that rhymed:)) whether it be games or movies. Then I thought about there get 2 pre-owned DVD’s and get a 3rd free deal so I had a look.

The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk
The Hulk

And I got so annoyed I stormed out of there in a blinding rage. Then one of the people who work’s there says to me “alright?” I wanted to PUNCH him in his BIG FAT HEAD and throw some decent games at him!

Anyway that’s one of my ‘I hate Blockbuster stories’ and now lets here yours (if you have any mind you). Discuss
Sun 23/05/04 at 15:35
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I took a DVD back 10 minutes before they were meant to close, and it was the last night before I'd get fined for it.
When I arrived, they were shutting up shop, and fined me because I was too late or something.
I didn't pay, of course. My membership got cancelled.
Sods.
Sun 23/05/04 at 16:09
Regular
"hi................."
I agree

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.