GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CHEATING IS WRONG !!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 23/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
Cheating is wrong and generally a waste of time, seeing as you normally gain nothing from it and don’t feel the benefits of your achievements. Have I cheated in my life, YES, very few of us can say we haven’t, whether it be taking a peek a at your mates exam paper or keeping a few lucky aces up your sleeve in poker.

When you sit down to right a review on a recent game you picked up from your local SR store you might look around at other reviews already written, hey I’ve done it, mainly to see what I’m up against but also to see if any ones got a good point I’ve missed. I wouldn’t call this cheating as long as you don’t add your own spin to it but just copying it down and trying to pass it off as your own is.

You might be thinking why the hell I am rebating on about cheating, what could possibly be the point, but there is one, to warn everybody that cheating is wrong and should be stopped. Especially when it could damage your gaming experience, for instance you can get barred from SR for good and can no longer buy their goods, unthinkable I know.

Recently I cheated on this very website, and for this SR I am sorry, I took an earlier review of command and conquer generals: zero hour, admittedly its was written by myself “Christo” about a few months ago, but since then I changed my account and my e-mail, so I decided to give it another crack at zero hour, but I thought I can’t be bothered to right out this whole thing again (big mistake, laziness doesn’t normally pay off). So under my new name I merely edited the basic structure, leaving remnants of the previous game review, clearly visible.

It was my 2nd review under my new account; my first written from my own knowledge of playing Far Cry constantly on my flat mates souped up laptop. Though the next day, tired and weary I thought I’d write another review, rather than going out. I had a pretty decent start to the review but I got bored and this is where I dug up my old work, and pretty much copied it.

I got caught by SR’s cheat catching machine, an example that it’s not just a paper tiger to stop you cheating it really works. You are of course all aware that cheating is wrong and your well warned of this cheat catching device, and received an e-mail telling me I have a temporary ban from the site until SR see fit. I’m lucky, even though it was my work, yes I cheated, but I knew there was the chance and believe me I know how lucky I am I wasn’t barred from the site completely, I always come on see what game or BB gun I want, then go down to Egham an buy it from the SR shop.

I thank SR for being lenient with me and I hope that this will act as a kind of warning so that others will not cheat. And believe me when I say that I will not cheat again, under no circumstances. I hope you accept this as a kind of formal apology for cheating.

I hope others post back either agreeing with not cheating or other relevant stuff.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:47
Regular
Cheating is wrong and generally a waste of time, seeing as you normally gain nothing from it and don’t feel the benefits of your achievements. Have I cheated in my life, YES, very few of us can say we haven’t, whether it be taking a peek a at your mates exam paper or keeping a few lucky aces up your sleeve in poker.

When you sit down to right a review on a recent game you picked up from your local SR store you might look around at other reviews already written, hey I’ve done it, mainly to see what I’m up against but also to see if any ones got a good point I’ve missed. I wouldn’t call this cheating as long as you don’t add your own spin to it but just copying it down and trying to pass it off as your own is.

You might be thinking why the hell I am rebating on about cheating, what could possibly be the point, but there is one, to warn everybody that cheating is wrong and should be stopped. Especially when it could damage your gaming experience, for instance you can get barred from SR for good and can no longer buy their goods, unthinkable I know.

Recently I cheated on this very website, and for this SR I am sorry, I took an earlier review of command and conquer generals: zero hour, admittedly its was written by myself “Christo” about a few months ago, but since then I changed my account and my e-mail, so I decided to give it another crack at zero hour, but I thought I can’t be bothered to right out this whole thing again (big mistake, laziness doesn’t normally pay off). So under my new name I merely edited the basic structure, leaving remnants of the previous game review, clearly visible.

It was my 2nd review under my new account; my first written from my own knowledge of playing Far Cry constantly on my flat mates souped up laptop. Though the next day, tired and weary I thought I’d write another review, rather than going out. I had a pretty decent start to the review but I got bored and this is where I dug up my old work, and pretty much copied it.

I got caught by SR’s cheat catching machine, an example that it’s not just a paper tiger to stop you cheating it really works. You are of course all aware that cheating is wrong and your well warned of this cheat catching device, and received an e-mail telling me I have a temporary ban from the site until SR see fit. I’m lucky, even though it was my work, yes I cheated, but I knew there was the chance and believe me I know how lucky I am I wasn’t barred from the site completely, I always come on see what game or BB gun I want, then go down to Egham an buy it from the SR shop.

I thank SR for being lenient with me and I hope that this will act as a kind of warning so that others will not cheat. And believe me when I say that I will not cheat again, under no circumstances. I hope you accept this as a kind of formal apology for cheating.

I hope others post back either agreeing with not cheating or other relevant stuff.
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:48
Regular
you also get a yellow card next to your name
Sun 23/05/04 at 14:53
haha
Sun 23/05/04 at 17:45
Regular
Are SR blackmailing you?

"If you want your account back, write us a 500 word, butt-kissing essay to educate the rest of the forum on the wrongs of cheating and humiliate yourself for your underhand actions!"

:-P

And more importantly...

ARE YOU SHANEO??? :-O

:-D
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:02
Regular
"SOUP!"
Of Course he is Shaneo - every banned person is Shaneo
Sun 23/05/04 at 18:27
Regular
But this guy's barred, not banned...

Does this make him half Shaneo half human? :-S
Tue 25/05/04 at 21:53
Regular
no, i ain't been blackmailed.

an who is shaneo
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:03
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
It's only wrong if you get caught.
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:16
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Indeed :)
Thu 27/05/04 at 19:07
Regular
"lets go back"
Squall wrote:
> It's only wrong if you get caught.

My maths teacher always says that to us. He's taught us more evasion tactics than actual sums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.