GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Barebones Asus laptops"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 17:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Does anyone know where these can be obtained in the UK? Ive tried a few googles, but even with UK only sites ive been getting crap results.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:51
Regular
"Digging!"
They don't normally open the goods, so that might work, but be prepared to pay the fee anyway.
Sun 23/05/04 at 19:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Allred wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> The cheapest ive found works out at £370, but coming from
> america i may have to pay customs.
>
> HM customs has just put a new tax on personally shipped items (ie
> stuff brought off the internet/mail order by indervidual) from
> abroad. Its 20% (sort of like VAT but a bit more) I believe. I paid
> about £12 on a parcel worth £56.

I believe that if i get the guy to mark the laptop as faulty goods i should be able to dodge any fees. Even if customs try the laptop it wont work, so its almost true.
Sun 23/05/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Digging!"
cookie monster wrote:
> The cheapest ive found works out at £370, but coming from
> america i may have to pay customs.

HM customs has just put a new tax on personally shipped items (ie stuff brought off the internet/mail order by indervidual) from abroad. Its 20% (sort of like VAT but a bit more) I believe. I paid about £12 on a parcel worth £56.
Sun 23/05/04 at 01:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The cheapest ive found works out at £370, but coming from america i may have to pay customs.
Sun 23/05/04 at 00:32
Regular
Just had a quick google and found one but it looks more expensive than buying a differant make, it is $959 without cpu, memory, Hard disk drive, Optical Drive and warrenty, i can't see this taking off in the near future.

Colin
Sun 23/05/04 at 00:29
Regular
Never heard of a barebone lappie before? i could not see the point in it either as it would not reduce the cost by much at all as they still have to have the screens which is maybe 80% - 90% of the full lappie price anyway, if these exist i would like to know about them though.

Colin
Sat 22/05/04 at 17:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Does anyone know where these can be obtained in the UK? Ive tried a few googles, but even with UK only sites ive been getting crap results.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.