GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favicon"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I've tried and I've tried and I've tried but I just can't get IE to accept any favicons I make for my site.

Mozilla loves it and is fine, but no matter how many times I add my site to my favourites I can't get the favicon.ico to appear next to my site with IE...

http://www.phi11ip.com/favicon.ico

That's the file, look using Mozilla and it works, yet IE doesn't like it at all. I used a proper icon editing program too to make it, I'm just completely lost!

I've even added the links into the page to tell the browser to search for it but it still doesn't want it...

What have I done wrong!??!

Help please!

Thanks.
Sat 22/05/04 at 17:58
"Are you sure?"
Works fine in IE for me!
Favicon's can be tricky in IE if you've already added the site to your favourites. FAVICONS are also non-persistant. i.e. They are removed when you delete your temporary internet files.
Search on Google for the FAVORG application which saves and looks for a sites FAVICON.
Sat 22/05/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Ah, it works with Mozilla so maybe one day IE will start to be good.
Sat 22/05/04 at 15:52
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The good news, if the code looks like this:

You've done it ok, bad news, support is roepy in IE at the best of times for Faveicons
Sat 22/05/04 at 14:39
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
I've tried and I've tried and I've tried but I just can't get IE to accept any favicons I make for my site.

Mozilla loves it and is fine, but no matter how many times I add my site to my favourites I can't get the favicon.ico to appear next to my site with IE...

http://www.phi11ip.com/favicon.ico

That's the file, look using Mozilla and it works, yet IE doesn't like it at all. I used a proper icon editing program too to make it, I'm just completely lost!

I've even added the links into the page to tell the browser to search for it but it still doesn't want it...

What have I done wrong!??!

Help please!

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.