GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I liked Troy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/05/04 at 13:22
Regular
Pitt wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. In fact, he was pretty good. And his girl was better-looking than Helen of Troybird. Bana was better. Sean Bean was best, obviously. He bossed it. And killed a really fat guy, which you've got to appreciate. Peter O'Toole looked old and sounded old and acted Best Supporting style.

Orlando Bloom irked me.

Nice action sequences et al.

Er, the horse was pretty. It's no Gladiator though. The film, not just the horse. But if Gladiator had Bean as the Derek Jakobi guy, or possibly Quintus then it'd all be good.

I liked Braveheart-Hamish as Menelaus also. I did not like Brian Cox being X-Men 2 pre-3000 years.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I bought Keane's album.

Quite liked it, actually...
Sat 22/05/04 at 09:39
Regular
"accidental superher"
found it a pretty underwhelming experience personally. i too thought that sean bean was the best -or rather the most consistent actor). hollywood overkill once more i think. some of the actions scenes were quite esp achilles vs hector but these big scale battles have been done so much now that the wow factor isn't as great any more.

tries to be an epic...fails miserably. entertainment? mmm....yeah it's alright
Fri 21/05/04 at 21:55
Regular
"That's right!"
Bloom does annoy me slightly, as said before, he plays the same character with the same daft, posh accent every time.

I didn't know Sean Bean was in it, I might have to check it out (I almost jumped for joy when I saw him get out of the car at the start of Equilibrium - face it, Bean is the man) for that, and other non-gay reasons.
Fri 21/05/04 at 20:16
Regular
Eric Bana is a class actor. So is Pitt.

I might see it.
Fri 21/05/04 at 19:38
Regular
Meh, I swear some of Brian Cox's lines were identical to some of his lines from X2.

:-)
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Orlando Bloom I detest, he is a naff actor who puts on the same stupid voice in every film.

I'm an elve, I'm a pirate, I'm a Troy warrior

Might go see it, I usually like Pitt's acting but that clip they show looks pretty dodgy. " it's youuuurrees. "
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
> Oh, and I bought Keane's album.
>
> Quite liked it, actually...

It's great. Not my usual taste at all, but listened to it all last weekend, whilst BBQing and drinking till 5.30am. It sorta brainwashed me into liking it.

[edit] As to troy, Mwhe. Might see it, might not.
Fri 21/05/04 at 13:22
Regular
Pitt wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. In fact, he was pretty good. And his girl was better-looking than Helen of Troybird. Bana was better. Sean Bean was best, obviously. He bossed it. And killed a really fat guy, which you've got to appreciate. Peter O'Toole looked old and sounded old and acted Best Supporting style.

Orlando Bloom irked me.

Nice action sequences et al.

Er, the horse was pretty. It's no Gladiator though. The film, not just the horse. But if Gladiator had Bean as the Derek Jakobi guy, or possibly Quintus then it'd all be good.

I liked Braveheart-Hamish as Menelaus also. I did not like Brian Cox being X-Men 2 pre-3000 years.

That's pretty much it.

Oh, and I bought Keane's album.

Quite liked it, actually...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.