GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mercenaries - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mercenaries'.
Tue 08/03/05 at 21:45
Regular
"And some more !"
just wanted to know if its good please post your replys thanks
Sat 12/03/05 at 09:16
Regular
Perhaps when I was younger I would have enjoyed it more, or perhaps if I was older I would have enjoyed it more. I seem to be going for online games and games with a great storyline at the moment.
Sat 12/03/05 at 01:00
Regular
"8==="
Mode wrote:
> Rent it. Don't buy it, thankfully I rented it and enjoyed it for the
> 2 nights I had it, by the second night I was bored of it (Might just
> be me).

It's just you.

It has the best sandbox of any game, well, ever.
Sat 12/03/05 at 00:58
Regular
"8==="
Coin wrote:
> Pshhh, Xbox. What's that again?

The thing that runs Mercenaries with less fog.
Fri 11/03/05 at 23:46
Regular
Blow stuff up, wrote:
> gets a bit boring though. once uve played a it and then you get to a
> hard mission and then you cant do it until about 5 tries and then u
> cant be bothered to play.

Haha

You're really quite stupid.
Fri 11/03/05 at 21:55
Regular
Rent it. Don't buy it, thankfully I rented it and enjoyed it for the 2 nights I had it, by the second night I was bored of it (Might just be me).
When you have blown up one bridge or building you have blown them all up. The story line is not exactly dynamite either.
Fri 11/03/05 at 19:12
Regular
"And some more !"
gets a bit boring though. once uve played a it and then you get to a hard mission and then you cant do it until about 5 tries and then u cant be bothered to play.
Thu 10/03/05 at 22:54
Regular
"wow"
i just reviewed it today
(yay read the review-yeah i agree-yeah go read that)

It's pretty good but there are some pretty obvious flaws too. I imagine it will give way to better games based on a similar, unique and strong concept.
Thu 10/03/05 at 20:55
Regular
"And some more !"
i have just recieved it and its utterly brilliant, as for realness it doesnt get anymore real than this. The full effects if you get a rocket thrown near you, you may die or you wont be able to hear anyting for a while (shellshock. The vehicles are great. Just running around working for different people and capturing the 52 peeople represented by the cards (clubs, diamonds spades and hearts)The fact about blowing stuff up alot is true, anything in the game is vurnerable to being blown up, but its great, the onoly thing i found a bit unrealistic is that you can blow up massive buildings (massive libraries) with one C4. But apart from that its all good.
Wed 09/03/05 at 22:52
"period drama"
Psi-Ops ... that's another one I've missed.
There's too many :' (
Wed 09/03/05 at 22:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I am a big fanboy of the physics engine it uses, had lots of fun with it in Psi-Ops. Will get round to it eventually

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.