GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something Scary Happened Yesterday......."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/04/01 at 15:53
Regular
I came home from watching Essex play cricket at Chelmsford, and my Mum greeted me a little too nicely, perhaps.

When I'd told her what my day had been like, she said, "We have a problem."

"What?" I demanded.

"Well, earlier on Luke and Matthew were playing on the PS2..."

'Oh no!' I thought. Whenever my 9-year-old brother Luke and his best friend Matthew get together, something bad is gonna happen.

"Matthew yanked the controller too hard..." she carried on.

'That little....' I thought to myself.

"And the PS2 fell off the desk."

"YOU WHAT!?!?" I exploded. I have quite a big desk.

"And when they picked it up, the CD Drive wouldn't open. So, because they were too scared, they didn't tell me. Then, Matthew went home and told his mum, and she rang me up and told me."

"THEY DIDN'T TELL YOU!?!?!"

"No."

I ran upstairs, screamed at my brother for a bit, and then rushed into my room. As she'd said, the CD was stuck.

I fiddled with it and played around with it, and then finally I had to force it out. It came out, but the sound was horrible. I pulled out Smackdown 2 (a PSX game!! They could've played it on the PSX!!)and then presses the little button to make it slide back in. It started, and then stopped.

So, I forced it back in. I pressed the button and...

It opened perfectly.

I pressed it again and...

It shut perfectly.

I rthen watched some of X-Men, and played ZOE on it. It worked fine.

I then made a new rule. If my brother and his mates are playing on a PSX game, they must play it on the PSX. If they are playing a PS2 game, I must be there.
My brother agreed. He knew he had done wrong.
Thu 19/04/01 at 19:51
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
you shoulda spanked ther little monkey! :)
Thu 19/04/01 at 16:05
Regular
"I like cheese"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Why not just kill your brother and prevent it ever from occurring
> again?

Prevention is better than a cure...

I thought about it, but I couldn't be bothered. And anyway, his mate would come back to ours after the funeral.
Thu 19/04/01 at 16:00
Regular
"everyone says it"
My original PS2 is now called a PStri (angle) after a similar accident invloving my sister. Lucky for you it still works.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Why not just kill your brother and prevent it ever from occurring again?

Prevention is better than a cure...
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
I came home from watching Essex play cricket at Chelmsford, and my Mum greeted me a little too nicely, perhaps.

When I'd told her what my day had been like, she said, "We have a problem."

"What?" I demanded.

"Well, earlier on Luke and Matthew were playing on the PS2..."

'Oh no!' I thought. Whenever my 9-year-old brother Luke and his best friend Matthew get together, something bad is gonna happen.

"Matthew yanked the controller too hard..." she carried on.

'That little....' I thought to myself.

"And the PS2 fell off the desk."

"YOU WHAT!?!?" I exploded. I have quite a big desk.

"And when they picked it up, the CD Drive wouldn't open. So, because they were too scared, they didn't tell me. Then, Matthew went home and told his mum, and she rang me up and told me."

"THEY DIDN'T TELL YOU!?!?!"

"No."

I ran upstairs, screamed at my brother for a bit, and then rushed into my room. As she'd said, the CD was stuck.

I fiddled with it and played around with it, and then finally I had to force it out. It came out, but the sound was horrible. I pulled out Smackdown 2 (a PSX game!! They could've played it on the PSX!!)and then presses the little button to make it slide back in. It started, and then stopped.

So, I forced it back in. I pressed the button and...

It opened perfectly.

I pressed it again and...

It shut perfectly.

I rthen watched some of X-Men, and played ZOE on it. It worked fine.

I then made a new rule. If my brother and his mates are playing on a PSX game, they must play it on the PSX. If they are playing a PS2 game, I must be there.
My brother agreed. He knew he had done wrong.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.