GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"APPLE MACINTOSH"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/04/01 at 14:52
Regular
People make these remarks, so I am going to answer them:

iMac's are all about looks anyway.

No they are not, they just helped the machine to be the fastest sold computer in the world.

Where is the floppy drive?

Mac decided that nobody uses the floppy drive anymore, no longer does software come on disks. and why the hell would you need a floppy drive when you can re-write CD's, which is now standard when you buy an iMac modified beyond belief? thats crap, no Mac needs to be modified at all to play PC games, infact all major PC games are now being released for the MacOS, and if you are so desperate to have any game then the Mac can run yes I said RUN windows as an application. WHAT WOULD THAT DO? well you can play ANY PC game or do anything a PC can do inside of the MacOS.

Microsoft and Linux have given MACOSX bad reports.

Have Sony ever wished they had the Pokemon franchise on there side? Why would Linux and Microsoft give it bad reports, could it be that mac is now outselling any microsoft in the terms of sales by 4:1, of could it be that they are jealous? Jealous? yeah jealous because Mac own Macromedia. that is Fireworks, Flash, Director, Shockwave, etc etc..... Linux report on MacOSX was the biggest load of crap I have ever read, it made me laugh, he said that it 'creates in own faults', my dad has just upgraded his blue dalmation iMac to OSX and it is the best OS I have ever used. You also said that WIndows and Linux OS's are getting better, I agree but only the case of Linux, Microsoft seem to be on the rollar coaster, after the year of 98 they had reached the top of the coaster and are now still falling back down, infact BillGates has got his umbrella out and it trying to slow the process down.

What is so good about iMacs anyway?

well then lets see without going into any detail, the come now with a CDRw, imovie2, iTunes etc.. as standard, they take a few minutes to get set up, voice reg.. to turn them on. infa-red optical fibre lenses, and in only 1 months time they will come with GeForce3 as standard, Mac is getting stuff before Microsoft, and one problem I have never had with any of the Macs I use are that it can open any kind of file without a problem, it never has illegal shutdowns.

Who do Mac have on there side?

EVERYONE in the computer industry, Epson, HP, Canon, Adobe (the big one), Norton.. etc..

Does anyone else want to make any remarks?
Thu 19/04/01 at 14:52
Regular
"everyone says it"
People make these remarks, so I am going to answer them:

iMac's are all about looks anyway.

No they are not, they just helped the machine to be the fastest sold computer in the world.

Where is the floppy drive?

Mac decided that nobody uses the floppy drive anymore, no longer does software come on disks. and why the hell would you need a floppy drive when you can re-write CD's, which is now standard when you buy an iMac modified beyond belief? thats crap, no Mac needs to be modified at all to play PC games, infact all major PC games are now being released for the MacOS, and if you are so desperate to have any game then the Mac can run yes I said RUN windows as an application. WHAT WOULD THAT DO? well you can play ANY PC game or do anything a PC can do inside of the MacOS.

Microsoft and Linux have given MACOSX bad reports.

Have Sony ever wished they had the Pokemon franchise on there side? Why would Linux and Microsoft give it bad reports, could it be that mac is now outselling any microsoft in the terms of sales by 4:1, of could it be that they are jealous? Jealous? yeah jealous because Mac own Macromedia. that is Fireworks, Flash, Director, Shockwave, etc etc..... Linux report on MacOSX was the biggest load of crap I have ever read, it made me laugh, he said that it 'creates in own faults', my dad has just upgraded his blue dalmation iMac to OSX and it is the best OS I have ever used. You also said that WIndows and Linux OS's are getting better, I agree but only the case of Linux, Microsoft seem to be on the rollar coaster, after the year of 98 they had reached the top of the coaster and are now still falling back down, infact BillGates has got his umbrella out and it trying to slow the process down.

What is so good about iMacs anyway?

well then lets see without going into any detail, the come now with a CDRw, imovie2, iTunes etc.. as standard, they take a few minutes to get set up, voice reg.. to turn them on. infa-red optical fibre lenses, and in only 1 months time they will come with GeForce3 as standard, Mac is getting stuff before Microsoft, and one problem I have never had with any of the Macs I use are that it can open any kind of file without a problem, it never has illegal shutdowns.

Who do Mac have on there side?

EVERYONE in the computer industry, Epson, HP, Canon, Adobe (the big one), Norton.. etc..

Does anyone else want to make any remarks?
Thu 19/04/01 at 14:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I was going to get one but it was bloody expensive...
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:01
Regular
I've got the strangest feeling, don't ask me why, but I'm pretty sure the creator of Linux wouldn't have a biased view. I can't remember exactly why though...

(And in case you didn't realise, we were being sarcastic!)

Well... duh.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
I'm afraid you are under the completely wrong impression.

...."TOO EXPENSIVE" i hear you moan.

Look at what you get for your money, a machine with everything built in, including a chip that matches the fastest Pentium/AMD attempts. Remember that the chip structure on the apple is different, so just because it is 466 mhz, it is equiavlent to a pc twice that speed.

You get 100base T as standard
CD-Writer as Standard 8 or 16mb Video card as standard.
Large HD
Plenty of RAM.

And to top it off you get firewire capability with iMovie 2(for free). Which actually lets you edit digital video and send it back to DV with no loss of quality. Or just compress it and email it.

As well as great free software like iTunes, which lets you compress Audio cds to mp3 on the fly.

I really could go on for a lot longer,

But you just get so much more when you buy an apple.

Thu 19/04/01 at 15:12
Regular
Yes, you do get a lot when you buy an Apple, but for half the money you could get a PC with the same spec. Then you could spend the other half on something useful, like 2 PS2's.

Thu 19/04/01 at 15:17
Regular
Where are all the wires? The ones that seem to merge into a gigantic mess which is impossible to untangle?

Where's the feeling that if something goes wrong, then it's a brand new challenge?

Where's the total loss of security in your own work?

Where's the huge fan that rumbles louder than the 11th setting on the speakers?

Nowhere, that's where.

If I can't have the flaws, then I have nothing.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:20
Regular
"everyone says it"
If you could please show me this PC? and where to get it...

(no such thing)

let me show us.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:20
Regular
You missed out your modem going on holiday without notice.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:21
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix it does have flaws, the fact that it has no flaws, you could get one and have the mission of trying to find one.
Thu 19/04/01 at 15:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
The modem is great in any MAC!

( I think he was talking about PC's)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.