GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"At last! A truly renewable cheap source of energy is at hand!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/05/04 at 10:57
Regular
"Braaains"
It's true! No longer do we need to worry about the world's oil reserves being used up, as we now have a source of cheap renewable energy. What am I referring to? Why Rod Serling's corpse of course, which is currently turning in his grave due to the god awful abomination that is Sci Fi's 'New' Twilight Zone. Hook up an electric dynamo to Mr Serling's body and the world would be set for life. Granted, his fury at Sci-Fi mauling his legacy might cause him to come back to life as some sort of zombie and feast upon the living but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I mean, for crying out loud, is nothing sacred? The original black and white 'The Twilight Zone' was a superb show, with some fantastically well written episodes and superb narration from Rod Serling himself, the creator of the show who also wrote at least half of all the episodes. The series was entertaining, sometimes witty and more often than not had a twist that you couldn't see coming. Sci-Fi's 'New Twilight Zone', which is in fact the second time the original show's name has been purloined, is none of these things. The scripts for the episodes shown so far have been nothing short of dismal and Forrest Whittaker, who handles the narration for each episode sleepwalks his way through the whole thing.

It's not that it wouldn't have been possible to do a decent 'New Twilight Zone' - the new 'Outer Limits' which debuted in the nineties was superb, with some superb scripts and excellent performances. And it didn't do a disservice to the original series, either. It shows Sci-Fi's lack of faith in their series that they felt it needed the 'Twilight Zone' monniker and couldn't stand on its own two feet. Granted, Sci-Fi's track record isn't brilliant - their TV movies alone keep Dean Cain employed full time - but for them to slap the Twilight Zone name on sub-par show like this is a low, even for them.
Wed 19/05/04 at 11:27
Regular
"SOUP!"
Fantastic comedy! You = Genius :-D
Wed 19/05/04 at 10:57
Regular
"Braaains"
It's true! No longer do we need to worry about the world's oil reserves being used up, as we now have a source of cheap renewable energy. What am I referring to? Why Rod Serling's corpse of course, which is currently turning in his grave due to the god awful abomination that is Sci Fi's 'New' Twilight Zone. Hook up an electric dynamo to Mr Serling's body and the world would be set for life. Granted, his fury at Sci-Fi mauling his legacy might cause him to come back to life as some sort of zombie and feast upon the living but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I mean, for crying out loud, is nothing sacred? The original black and white 'The Twilight Zone' was a superb show, with some fantastically well written episodes and superb narration from Rod Serling himself, the creator of the show who also wrote at least half of all the episodes. The series was entertaining, sometimes witty and more often than not had a twist that you couldn't see coming. Sci-Fi's 'New Twilight Zone', which is in fact the second time the original show's name has been purloined, is none of these things. The scripts for the episodes shown so far have been nothing short of dismal and Forrest Whittaker, who handles the narration for each episode sleepwalks his way through the whole thing.

It's not that it wouldn't have been possible to do a decent 'New Twilight Zone' - the new 'Outer Limits' which debuted in the nineties was superb, with some superb scripts and excellent performances. And it didn't do a disservice to the original series, either. It shows Sci-Fi's lack of faith in their series that they felt it needed the 'Twilight Zone' monniker and couldn't stand on its own two feet. Granted, Sci-Fi's track record isn't brilliant - their TV movies alone keep Dean Cain employed full time - but for them to slap the Twilight Zone name on sub-par show like this is a low, even for them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.