GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gory Moments"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/05/04 at 19:25
Regular
Just for fun..... name the goriest movie you have ever set your eyes upon and say why. maybe it was the beheading in kill bill or the slice and dice at the start of ghost ship. whatever. start writing.......
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:25
Regular
Just for fun..... name the goriest movie you have ever set your eyes upon and say why. maybe it was the beheading in kill bill or the slice and dice at the start of ghost ship. whatever. start writing.......
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:38
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Cannibal Holocaust - for the sickening (and sadly un-faked) animal cruelty scenes.
Tue 18/05/04 at 19:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Some film where loads of zombie-ish peopl were gnawing on a still live man. Tearing tendrils out of his chest and stomach. Probably tame, but I was revolted.
Wed 19/05/04 at 19:18
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Saving Private Ryan had its moments. In particular the beach landing with some guy lying on ground with his various organs lying next to him. Tasty. Also you see some guy picking up his own arm and walking off with it, slightly amusing but still a little nasty. Silence of the Lambs only had one gory scene (the 'crucifiction') but that was pretty bad.
Wed 19/05/04 at 20:18
Regular
Guinea Pig Part 2 - Flowers of Flesh and blood

A fake Japanease snuff film. Basically the film starts off with a masked samurai guy picking up a girl on the road side. For the next 40 minutes you see him slowly take her apart in graphic detail, totally unrelenting and some of the sickest images I've ever seen. It's all filmed like it's being done on a normal home video camera, no cuts just 40 minutes of gore. The worst bits where he disembowels her, then removes her eyes with a spoon, god knows how they did the effect but they look so realistic.

Really sick stuff. Doubt it'll ever get a release in the UK thank god.
Wed 19/05/04 at 21:45
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Cannibal Holocaust - for the sickening (and sadly un-faked) animal
> cruelty scenes.

The thing with the monkey right?

Anyway, that Cradle of Filth film is gory. Crap but gory.

I'm not a fan of extreme gore though, unless it's funny or stupid.
Thu 20/05/04 at 23:43
Regular
Tiltawhirl, you must want to destroy your soul with all the horrific stuff you watch ...

---------------

actual gore doesn't usually bother me. People getting chopped to bits with lawnmowers and chainsaws are more comedic than anything. What I find disturbing is when people die in ways that make you cringe.

But for pure horrific gore, ones that spring to mind are :

Braindead
Bad Taste
The Evil Dead Trilogy
The Thing
The Hellraiser Trilogy (although 3 is crap)
Event Horizon (Mild)
Thu 20/05/04 at 23:53
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Starlight wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> Cannibal Holocaust - for the sickening (and sadly un-faked) animal
> cruelty scenes.
>
> The thing with the monkey right?

um... can't remember a monkey in it, there's a jungle rat thing that gets impaled and a hideous dissection of a turtle though...

> I'm not a fan of extreme gore though, unless it's funny or stupid.

.. Braindead?? now THAT'S awsome :)
Fri 21/05/04 at 00:36
Regular
Very_Metal wrote:

> um... can't remember a monkey in it, there's a jungle rat thing that
> gets impaled and a hideous dissection of a turtle though...

There's a monkey at the end that has the top of its head sliced open. The mear cat at the beggining that's scewered made me feel sick, it's totally inexcusable that they used real animals for the sake of so called entertainment.

All the Italian cannibal films have the same kind of real animal death content. Holocaust is actually is actually compared to the others not that bad...it's still completly sick, but some of the stuff in the other films should never have happened and the people that were involved should have been shot for it.
Fri 21/05/04 at 08:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I'm not a big film fan, but I would have to say the beginning of Saving Private ryan must rank as one of the goriest- soldiers lose limbs, get shot in the head, set on fire and mown down by machine gun fire. And by the end of the first scene, the sea is full of blood and dead things, people and fish. D Day in all its bloody (lack of) glory.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.